Monday, December 06, 2004

Holiday Flicks

I never used to like Holiday movies. When I was younger, most of the films I saw were "cheesy" and boring. I began to appreciate these films now that I am a bit older. Don’t get me wrong, the majority of Christmas movies out there are still pretty bad, but here are a few that are great for the Holidays:

It’s a Wonderful Life – The ultimate Holiday "tear jerker" – tears of joy that is. What a classic!
A Christmas Story – My all-time favorite. Kudos to TNT/TBS for airing it throughout Christmas Day.
Elf – A fresh & funny film by one of the funniest actors around.
Gremlins – Ok, it’s not really a typical Christmas flick, but it’s still a good 80’s film. Didn’t the bad gremlin die on Christmas day?
Sleepless in Seattle – Every time I see this movie it reminds me of the Holidays – it’s a Christmas film in my book. Plus, it’s a great chick flick.
Home Alone – Slapstick - Christmas style.
The Family Man – What would it be like if …
Bad Santa – Definitely not a family film, but it’s funny in a wretched, twisted sort of way.
Love Actually - Even men can't resist.

Enjoy the Holidays!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Hey, what about "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with the racist, discriminatory, jerk Santa? That's a classic!

I'd like to add "While You Were Sleeping." One of my favorites.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

I never liked any movies with Rudolph in it. Sorry.

Yeah, "While You Were Sleeping" ... I forgot about that. Another good holiday chick flick.

I also added "Love Actually". I forgot about that. Shame on me.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home