Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Being Roger Ebert

Quick Reviews:

Friday Night Lights – Along side Miracle, the best sports movie I’ve seen in years. Grade: A+
Catwoman – It was an ok movie until Halle Berry became a cat. What a waste! Grade: D-
The Forgotten – Ever wonder what the writers of X-Files are doing nowadays? See this. Grade: C
Napoleon Dynamite – A cool story about an odd guy, with an odd family, living in an odd town. Just my style, but not for everyone. Grade: B
Sideways – Received overwhelming reviews from critics. I don’t know why. It’s plain and slow. But, I love Paul Giamatti. I may need to see it a 2nd time to appreciate it. Grade: B+
Thunderbirds – Even 6-year old Anthony didn’t like it. Grade: C-
Troy – I actually enjoyed this movie. However, Orlando Bloom’s Paris, irritated me immensely. I’ll give this film an extra point for Helen, though. She’s a goddess! Grade: B-

This Just In – Oscar Nominations were announced today:
Michael Moore's gamble to hold his hit film "Fahrenheit 9/11" out of the documentary category -- to boost its best-picture prospects -- backfired. The movie was shut out across the board. Moore won the documentary prize two years ago for "Bowling for Columbine."

See kids, this is what a huge ego will get you. NOTHING! I respect you Michael, but I can’t help but smirk at your misfortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home