Monday, November 15, 2004

A Sign of Getting Old

My body’s aching and my shoulders are sore today all because of shooting some baskets yesterday with our little 8-year old Shelby. I used to play basketball all day long during my teen years and not feel a bit ‘achey’ the day after. I try to stay in shape by doing cardio exercises during the week, but apparently I’m not doing enough of it. I was in the best shape of my life while I was in the Air Force during Basic and Combat Training. The whole squad would run 4 to 5 miles every morning and would still have enough energy to go to classes and perform combat readiness exercises throughout the day. To this day, I can’t believe that I actually went through that and survived. Mind you, I wasn’t the most athletic kid growing up – I was actually very ‘sickly’ – I had asthma, allergies, fevers, flu, etc … you name it, I had it.

And now I’m 30 … and I feel 30.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! If you need physical therapy, please call me.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home