Tidbits
Holidays
I wish everyone a very blessed & safe Christmas season. I hope that your days are not consumed with shopping and waiting in long lines at Best Buy or Target. I did my fair share of Christmas shopping over the past 2 weeks and I’m so glad it’s almost over. The strangest thing I saw during this season’s shopping experience was a lady purchasing $500 worth of gift cards at our local Safeway store – and, she paid cash. That’s a lot of gift cards! The saddest shopping story this year was hearing how a Walmart employee was trampled to death in New York on Black Friday. This was both sad & upsetting at the same time. I was so upset that I included this in my lesson during our middle school church discussion. That incident was so wrong on so many levels.
Lost in Lost & Loving It
Love it or hate it but Lost is one of the best, well-written TV shows ever! Yep, I’m saying it & declaring it. Except for The Office, it’s hard for me to be captivated and to keep watching a show week after week. Gone are the days of “must-see TV”. However, Lost just kept me wanting for more and more. Each season has gotten better and better. We are now starting Season 4 on DVD and we can’t wait to see what transpires. The whole family is hooked. We talk about the characters as if they were real people who are directly involved in our lives. It’s an awesome show! Get hooked on it. You won't regret it.
Same Old, Same Old
When did the Bay Area become such an embarrassment when it comes to our local sports teams? If it weren’t for the Sharks, we’d surely be in sports h*ll! What the heck happened? The Raiders are expected to suck every year … that’s a given, but the Warriors and the Niners? Yeah, these franchises have struggled in the past few years but this was supposed to be a year for improvements and promise. And don’t even get me started with the A’s & Giants! If the Tampa Bay Rays got to the World Series, why can’t our bigger franchises bring a winning team to the Bay Area – a top 5 market in the country? Unbelievable!
Dave Recommends:
DVD: Leatherheads, Sicko, Lost (Season 3)
CD: The Rhumb Line – Ra Ra Riot
YouTube: Grizzly Ride on November 2, 2008
Online Video: SNL’s “Lazy Sunday”
I wish everyone a very blessed & safe Christmas season. I hope that your days are not consumed with shopping and waiting in long lines at Best Buy or Target. I did my fair share of Christmas shopping over the past 2 weeks and I’m so glad it’s almost over. The strangest thing I saw during this season’s shopping experience was a lady purchasing $500 worth of gift cards at our local Safeway store – and, she paid cash. That’s a lot of gift cards! The saddest shopping story this year was hearing how a Walmart employee was trampled to death in New York on Black Friday. This was both sad & upsetting at the same time. I was so upset that I included this in my lesson during our middle school church discussion. That incident was so wrong on so many levels.
Lost in Lost & Loving It
Love it or hate it but Lost is one of the best, well-written TV shows ever! Yep, I’m saying it & declaring it. Except for The Office, it’s hard for me to be captivated and to keep watching a show week after week. Gone are the days of “must-see TV”. However, Lost just kept me wanting for more and more. Each season has gotten better and better. We are now starting Season 4 on DVD and we can’t wait to see what transpires. The whole family is hooked. We talk about the characters as if they were real people who are directly involved in our lives. It’s an awesome show! Get hooked on it. You won't regret it.
Same Old, Same Old
When did the Bay Area become such an embarrassment when it comes to our local sports teams? If it weren’t for the Sharks, we’d surely be in sports h*ll! What the heck happened? The Raiders are expected to suck every year … that’s a given, but the Warriors and the Niners? Yeah, these franchises have struggled in the past few years but this was supposed to be a year for improvements and promise. And don’t even get me started with the A’s & Giants! If the Tampa Bay Rays got to the World Series, why can’t our bigger franchises bring a winning team to the Bay Area – a top 5 market in the country? Unbelievable!
Dave Recommends:
DVD: Leatherheads, Sicko, Lost (Season 3)
CD: The Rhumb Line – Ra Ra Riot
YouTube: Grizzly Ride on November 2, 2008
Online Video: SNL’s “Lazy Sunday”
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home