Monday, February 05, 2007

A Not-So-Super Superbowl

Take away the first quarter of the game and you basically end up with one of the most unwatchable Superbowls in recent memory. Although, I can’t blame the players for playing sloppy. After all, it looked like they were in the middle of a rainstorm. I just feel sorry for those poor saps that paid a ton of money to watch this game in the stadium. $1,000 for the ticket, $20 for hotdog & soda, $5 for a plastic parka, getting drenched while watching a bad game … priceless.

Although it was a mediocre game, we did have fun having our family and friends over. See, good company always trumps bad entertainment. Thanks to Tim, Chesney, Caleb, Mac, Abby, Lem, A.J., and Kerry for coming over.

Other Thoughts on Superbowl XLI:
- Was that Jabba the Hut or Billy Joel singing the national anthem?
- An effective commercial is not always the best, well-made, classy commercial - it’s the one that will be remembered. If the producers of the Snickers ad were going for a lasting impression, then I think they got their money’s worth.
- Other pretty funny commercials: Slap, Boood Light, Taco Bell Lions, Garmin
- Bears’ fans were complaining all week that their team wasn’t getting any respect since all the experts were picking the Colts to win. Now we know why … and so do the Bears’ fans.
- Rex Grossman sucks!
- Dee enjoyed the Prince halftime show. I thought “Purple Rain” was appropriate for the occasion.
- I would have won money if we took the football pool seriously.
- Rex Grossman sucks!
- After the game, we took turns playing Guitar Hero. Lem rocks!
- Caleb rocks more!

Photos: TimChes.com

2 Comments:

Blogger D AND D said...

You forgot:

"You know the feeling, you can't take care of business.. it's called CONNECTILE DYSFUNCTION"

HA HA HA I LOVED THAT!

6:00 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

I have to agree. That was one of the best commercials I saw that day.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home