Sunday, February 11, 2007

Top Ten Films of 2006

This has become an annual post on my blog. I believe it’s the 3rd year in a row. Anyway, here are my top awards from 2006. It's a tad late but please enjoy!

Notable Mentions:
Best Action Flick(s): Running Scared & Mission Impossible III
Best Animated Flick: Happy Feet
Best Romantic Comedy: Something New
Funniest: Nacho Libre
Best Sports Flick: Gridiron Gang
Scariest: The Descent
Most Disturbing: Hard Candy
Most Intriguing: Lady in the Water

Most Bizarre: Prairie Home Companion
Most Boring: Miami Vice
Most Overrated: Talladega Nights
Most Disappointing: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
Worst Film: Click

Dave’s Top Ten Films of 2006:
10) Happy Feet
9) The Devil Wears Prada
8) Nacho Libre
7) Pursuit of Happyness
6) Akeelah and the Bee
5) The Descent
4) Superman Returns
3) Little Miss Sunshine
2) V for Vendetta
1) United 93

(Have yet to see: Bobby, Blood Diamond, Babel, The Queen, An Inconvenient Truth, Borat, The Departed, Dreamgirls)

List of Oscar Nominees

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Click? Worst film? I really liked that movie. Maybe you just don't like Adam.

United 93 made me queasy. I applaud the "actually being there" style, but I had to look down and listen to the movie because of motion sickness. Now I know what mom felt like when she tried to watch our home videos.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

It's funny ... the worst movies for 2 years in a row has been Adam Sandler films. It's not that I don't like him. He made 2 very good comedies in "The Wedding Singer" and "Happy Gilmore". He was also great in "Spanglish". I just think he tries too hard to be funny at times. Just like "Click", the movie didn't have an identity. It tried to be funny, but it wasn't. I tried to be sentimental, but it was just dull & bland. Overall, it was just BLAH.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

But the again, what do I know? I have "Nacho" on my Top Ten.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Loved "Nacho!"

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do you not know that I have diarrhea since Easters?"

3:45 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Click is awesome because of Hasselhoff.

I didn't see a lot of movies this year, so I didn't get to put up a top ten of 2006 like you. :(

But I would recommend giving "Children of Men" a look-see, as well as "Stranger Than Fiction," but I think you saw that already and I just forgot.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home