Christmas was Here!
Christmas is definitely the most wonderful time of the year ... and the busiest. We were invited to several parties before Christmas Day: in Pacifica with Dee's family, and in Vallejo with Grandma Stevens. We had a great time spending time with everyone and eating lots and lots of food. I think I can live without ham for a while.
On Christmas Day, the kids woke us up at 5am. They were so excited to open their presents. It's a real joy watching them open their gifts. After all, it is their holiday. As an adult, it really is more satisfying observing people open their presents that they received from you. I love the reactions and the smiles. Even Dee loved her presents. I don't know ... it's getting harder and harder to find gifts for your significant other as each holiday passes. Dee always gives me great gifts, though. This year, she gave me an iPod Shuffle along with other awesome presents like new running shoes, CD's, and a new book. Thanks again, baby!
For lunch, we headed over to Hercules to join the rest Malabuyo clan for our annual Christmas celebration. The first thing that Dee and the kids noticed, of course, was the whole roasted pig laid out on the dinner table. Poor Dee ... she lost her appetite. It's not often that you go to a holiday celebration with a whole pig as the main course. I can see why non-Filipino folks can be easily turned off. Aside from the pig, the celebration was fun and quite festive. As always, there were plenty of gifts for everyone, but perhaps the best gift Dee and I received this year were the 2 framed photos of the kids that Chuck and Sandra gave us. You did good, bro ... you even had Dee in tears. Don't get me wrong we loved all the presents this year, but Chuck's pictures were something personal and heart-felt.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me a gift this year. I still don't know who my Secret Santa was, but whoever you are, thanks for the wine and the CD's. To my family, I look forward to spending the holidays with you every year. It's always a joy and it never gets old! Happy holidays, and a blessed to new year to all!
Photos: Christmas Eve
Photos: Christmas Day
Photos: Christmas Day (TimChes.com)
Photos: Ice Skating in the City
On Christmas Day, the kids woke us up at 5am. They were so excited to open their presents. It's a real joy watching them open their gifts. After all, it is their holiday. As an adult, it really is more satisfying observing people open their presents that they received from you. I love the reactions and the smiles. Even Dee loved her presents. I don't know ... it's getting harder and harder to find gifts for your significant other as each holiday passes. Dee always gives me great gifts, though. This year, she gave me an iPod Shuffle along with other awesome presents like new running shoes, CD's, and a new book. Thanks again, baby!
For lunch, we headed over to Hercules to join the rest Malabuyo clan for our annual Christmas celebration. The first thing that Dee and the kids noticed, of course, was the whole roasted pig laid out on the dinner table. Poor Dee ... she lost her appetite. It's not often that you go to a holiday celebration with a whole pig as the main course. I can see why non-Filipino folks can be easily turned off. Aside from the pig, the celebration was fun and quite festive. As always, there were plenty of gifts for everyone, but perhaps the best gift Dee and I received this year were the 2 framed photos of the kids that Chuck and Sandra gave us. You did good, bro ... you even had Dee in tears. Don't get me wrong we loved all the presents this year, but Chuck's pictures were something personal and heart-felt.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me a gift this year. I still don't know who my Secret Santa was, but whoever you are, thanks for the wine and the CD's. To my family, I look forward to spending the holidays with you every year. It's always a joy and it never gets old! Happy holidays, and a blessed to new year to all!
Photos: Christmas Eve
Photos: Christmas Day
Photos: Christmas Day (TimChes.com)
Photos: Ice Skating in the City
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home