Monday, October 30, 2006

The BIG 3 2!

Yes, I officially turned 32 today (October 30th)! Some might say that’s old, but I’m tellin’ you – I’ve never had this much fun in my whole life. My 20’s was kind of a blur. I spent 4 years of that time in the military trying to find myself and an identity. The rest of those years were spent growing up some more and learning how to be an adult. Now in my early 30’s, I’m more confident about myself, and I’m ecstatic about my life in general. Dee also had a lot to do with the person that I am now. If you’ve seen the positive changes in me, it’s really because she taught me a lot about living life passionately and loving others openly and unconditionally. I’m 32 and it’s been a great ride so far!

What’s a birthday without a party, right? Well, this past Sunday, we had our 3rd Annual Birthday Extravaganza. Family and friends joined us at Buca di Beppo in San Francisco for an evening of awesome costumes, good food, and plenty of laughs. Although Dee wasn’t very happy with the service and overall setup, we didn’t allow that to ruin our event. I must say, when we first thought about throwing each other a costume party in 2004, I had my doubts as to how people would react to the idea of wearing costumes in public. Now, on our 3rd year, our guests actually look forward to dressing up for this occasion. Since most of us are way too old to go trick or treating, this is perhaps the closest we’ll come to celebrating Halloween. Anyway, big thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us. We thank you for all the wonderful gifts (Dee has enough candles now to light up the whole block). Cheers!

Photos:
Dee & Dave’s Birthday Dinner Bash

TimChes.com

3 Comments:

Blogger D AND D said...

=0)
Happy Birthday Dave! I love you. It was bumpy at 1st, thanks for sticking around until I figured myself out. Well you actually left me hanging and I came running and begging. I guess that was the plan all along. Betcha didn't know you'd end up marrying us. I love you everyday Dave. I cherish you, I'm looking forward to growing with you and getting old together. Oh wait - we're already at that point! CHEERS BABY! To Life, Love, Sunrise filled days, Sunset filled nights! xooxo

7:44 PM  
Blogger themalabuyoswithtwins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!! thanks for the party last night... it was a blast!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger D AND D said...

Hey Lis,
I loved your outfit at the party. All that leather stuff was really sexy! Can I borrow it?

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home