Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tidbits

Annual Costume-Birthday Extravaganza
In all likelihood, we will be celebrating our 3rd Annual Birthday Bash on Sunday, October 29th. Dee and I are still ironing out the details. In the meantime, I really need some suggestions for a theme. So far, only Chuck & Tim have given theirs – The 70’s, World of Warcraft, or Farm Animals. We’re open to any ideas you all may have. I really like a Hollywood theme but Dee said that there a lot of similarities to that with what we did last year. Give me your input.

This is Your Band on Drugs
Apparently, the front man for the band Keane is in rehab for drug problems. Whoever said that drugs destroy all creativity has obviously never heard of the band’s new album. I’m not condoning drug use at all. As a matter of fact, this goes to show how drugs ruin your life. Keane was supposed to go on a worldwide tour this fall, but because their idiot-singer is recovering, they’ve cancelled a majority of their shows. What a way to throw out a good thing, eh? Include Tom Chaplin as a candidate for your biggest losers of the year award.

What’s the Big Deal?
Here are a few things that have been irritating me over the past few weeks. I tell ya’ … people make big deals out of the silliest things:

- Katie Couric on CBS: She reads off of a teleprompter each night, and she’s special because ….?

- Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown Split: Come on, people ... like you didn’t see this coming.

- The Papa Pisses Off Islamists: This is not the first time a religious leader has carelessly spewed off something he shouldn’t have … right, Pat Robertson?

- "Survivor" Segregates: And the Olympics are set up how?

- Celebrity Babies: Enough already! I don’t care. Nobody cares! Stop trying to make us care!

Dave Recommends:
MUSIC: Continuum by John Mayer
DVD: Akeelah and the Bee
YouTube: Bush Sings U2’s “Sunday Bloody Sunday”

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

let's see... there's,

• TELEVISION/MOVIES
• HORROR - FRIDAY THE 13TH
• FAMOUS HISTORICAL - REAL LIFE
• FAIRYTALE AND COMIC STRIP
• THE 80'S
• WESTERN
• MEDIEVAL TIMES (spell that right?)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home