Tidbits
Armageddon
The Middle East Crisis is not a sign of the apocalypse. The fact that David Hasselhoff is back on TV is! I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasselhoff is actually one of the 4 Horsemen. Notice how the man hasn’t aged and that he has somehow magically influenced the most powerful continents on the planet (America & Europe). The man is not only immortal – he’s also global!
The Passion of the Gibson
It really irked me when some churches endorsed The Passion of the Christ when it came out in theaters. There are 2 things, I believe, that churches should never endorse: entertainment mediums (which includes movies, TV shows, video games) and political candidates. With Mel Gibson’s recent arrest for driving under the influence and outrageous statements he made during his drunken tirade, I wonder how many churches are still willing to stand by their endorsement of his movie. People are imperfect, especially in Hollywood, which is all the more reason why church organizations should not partner themselves with people in the entertainment field. After all, these folks are here to make money. Mr. Gibson, I have no doubt, is a good man. But, he’s not an ambassador for the church just because he made a movie about the last days of Christ. Churches should always remain cautious when it comes to the entertainment industry. With every film and TV show they make, there’s always a dark & dirty side behind it.
Album of the Year?
Keane’s Under the Iron Sea is simply magnificent! I believe that this was the exact album that Coldplay was trying to make in X&Y (but they ended up with an average and very forgettable album).
Keane is not as popular nor as talented as Coldplay or other modern English bands for that matter, but the songs on this CD are simply beautiful and flawless. I bought this CD last week and it’s been in my music player ever since. Their first album, Hopes & Fears, was great because of its raw quality and melancholy melodies. Under the Iron Sea, although very different from the first CD, showed another side of the band’s music – a much richer & more solid sound. Right now this is the best collection of songs I’ve heard all year, with Beth Orton’s Comfort of Strangers at a close second.
Must-Hear Tracks: “Is It Any Wonder”, “Leaving So Soon”, “Try Again”, “Broken Toy”
New Photos are Up
Here are just some random summer pictures from our collection: Dee&Dave’s Flickr
Dave Recommends:
MUSIC: Under the Iron Sea by Keane
IN THEATERS: The Descent
IN THEATERS: The Ant Bully
DVD: The Matador
TV: 30 Days (FX Network)
The Middle East Crisis is not a sign of the apocalypse. The fact that David Hasselhoff is back on TV is! I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasselhoff is actually one of the 4 Horsemen. Notice how the man hasn’t aged and that he has somehow magically influenced the most powerful continents on the planet (America & Europe). The man is not only immortal – he’s also global!
The Passion of the Gibson
It really irked me when some churches endorsed The Passion of the Christ when it came out in theaters. There are 2 things, I believe, that churches should never endorse: entertainment mediums (which includes movies, TV shows, video games) and political candidates. With Mel Gibson’s recent arrest for driving under the influence and outrageous statements he made during his drunken tirade, I wonder how many churches are still willing to stand by their endorsement of his movie. People are imperfect, especially in Hollywood, which is all the more reason why church organizations should not partner themselves with people in the entertainment field. After all, these folks are here to make money. Mr. Gibson, I have no doubt, is a good man. But, he’s not an ambassador for the church just because he made a movie about the last days of Christ. Churches should always remain cautious when it comes to the entertainment industry. With every film and TV show they make, there’s always a dark & dirty side behind it.
Album of the Year?
Keane’s Under the Iron Sea is simply magnificent! I believe that this was the exact album that Coldplay was trying to make in X&Y (but they ended up with an average and very forgettable album).
Keane is not as popular nor as talented as Coldplay or other modern English bands for that matter, but the songs on this CD are simply beautiful and flawless. I bought this CD last week and it’s been in my music player ever since. Their first album, Hopes & Fears, was great because of its raw quality and melancholy melodies. Under the Iron Sea, although very different from the first CD, showed another side of the band’s music – a much richer & more solid sound. Right now this is the best collection of songs I’ve heard all year, with Beth Orton’s Comfort of Strangers at a close second.
Must-Hear Tracks: “Is It Any Wonder”, “Leaving So Soon”, “Try Again”, “Broken Toy”
New Photos are Up
Here are just some random summer pictures from our collection: Dee&Dave’s Flickr
Dave Recommends:
MUSIC: Under the Iron Sea by Keane
IN THEATERS: The Descent
IN THEATERS: The Ant Bully
DVD: The Matador
TV: 30 Days (FX Network)
2 Comments:
Gigi,
HURRY AND WATCH "THE DESCENT"!!! It's one of the best scary movies I've seen ever. Seriously, take T-Bone with you and go. Daniel and I saw it on Saturday night and we were both impressed and scared out of our minds. It's totally fun! I don't want to ruin it for everybody by writing a review. It's better to go in fresh. Just see it for yourself and enjoy the carnage!!!
Ooooooh, I want to see The Descent! I'll have to find a friend down here and drag him to it. Awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home