Tidbits
Mr. Fahrenheit
Yikes! The heat is unbelievable over here in the East Bay. It was 110 degrees in Concord on Monday. To all those who still believe that Global Warming is a hoax, I suggest you step outside for a few minutes and feel the heat yourself. Luckily, our apartment complex has a swimming pool. The kids and I have spent a majority of our weekends just lounging in the nice, cool water. Plus, it gives me a chance to practice my swimming skills … since I have none to begin with.
Stage 17
If you didn’t watch Thursday’s Tour de France’s Stage 17, then you missed one of the greatest single day performances in sports history. Floyd Landis needed to make up more than 8 minutes to get back in to contention after being dropped to 11th place the day before. After he won the stage on Thursday, he moved back in to contention with only 30 seconds behind the overall leader, Oscar Pereiro. It’s quite a remarkable feat given the fact that no one expected him to make up that much time especially at a very difficult course up the Alps. Is Floyd the next Lance Armstrong? Given his current medical condition, it will be difficult, but at least he has solidified his legacy by his unbelievable stage win.
Thoughts on Stage 17 by C.W. Nevius
Balloon Festival Photos
As promised, here are the photos from the balloon festival:
Dave&Dee’s Flickr
Veggie Tales
Ok, I realize that I need to lose some extra poundage. I’ve developed bad eating habits since the beginning of the year. So, I’ve started to eat salad during dinner as opposed to 2 to 3 servings of rice. As much as I hate veggies (and fruit), it’s really the only way for me to get back in better shape. Not that I’m unhealthy – mind you, I can probably still outrun most of you out there – but, I would like to be a bit slimmer. It’s only been a few days and I already miss rice.
Babe
We attended baby Gabby’s baptism reception last weekend in Daly City. Even though it was held at a Chinese restaurant, the majority of the dishes served were pretty much typical Filipino entrees. The best one on the menu was the whole roasted pig conveniently displayed on a separate table with its own illuminated eyes. Ah, how I miss these Filipino events. I told Dee and the kids, who were pretty freaked out, that a whole roasted pig on display is a traditional component in Filipino celebrations. The only sad part is the roasted pig at this event was a small, young pig. I can’t help but think of Babe while I was chewing on the pork. Pigs live such tragic lives.
And Finally …
Congratulations to little Mona Orona (now Dominguez) on her new baby girl. Yay!
Dave Recommends:
MUSIC: Comfort of Strangers by Beth Orton
IN THEATERS: Superman Returns
IN THEATERS: The Devil Wears Prada
DVD: Running Scared
DVD: Something New
Yikes! The heat is unbelievable over here in the East Bay. It was 110 degrees in Concord on Monday. To all those who still believe that Global Warming is a hoax, I suggest you step outside for a few minutes and feel the heat yourself. Luckily, our apartment complex has a swimming pool. The kids and I have spent a majority of our weekends just lounging in the nice, cool water. Plus, it gives me a chance to practice my swimming skills … since I have none to begin with.
Stage 17
If you didn’t watch Thursday’s Tour de France’s Stage 17, then you missed one of the greatest single day performances in sports history. Floyd Landis needed to make up more than 8 minutes to get back in to contention after being dropped to 11th place the day before. After he won the stage on Thursday, he moved back in to contention with only 30 seconds behind the overall leader, Oscar Pereiro. It’s quite a remarkable feat given the fact that no one expected him to make up that much time especially at a very difficult course up the Alps. Is Floyd the next Lance Armstrong? Given his current medical condition, it will be difficult, but at least he has solidified his legacy by his unbelievable stage win.
Thoughts on Stage 17 by C.W. Nevius
Balloon Festival Photos
As promised, here are the photos from the balloon festival:
Dave&Dee’s Flickr
Veggie Tales
Ok, I realize that I need to lose some extra poundage. I’ve developed bad eating habits since the beginning of the year. So, I’ve started to eat salad during dinner as opposed to 2 to 3 servings of rice. As much as I hate veggies (and fruit), it’s really the only way for me to get back in better shape. Not that I’m unhealthy – mind you, I can probably still outrun most of you out there – but, I would like to be a bit slimmer. It’s only been a few days and I already miss rice.
Babe
We attended baby Gabby’s baptism reception last weekend in Daly City. Even though it was held at a Chinese restaurant, the majority of the dishes served were pretty much typical Filipino entrees. The best one on the menu was the whole roasted pig conveniently displayed on a separate table with its own illuminated eyes. Ah, how I miss these Filipino events. I told Dee and the kids, who were pretty freaked out, that a whole roasted pig on display is a traditional component in Filipino celebrations. The only sad part is the roasted pig at this event was a small, young pig. I can’t help but think of Babe while I was chewing on the pork. Pigs live such tragic lives.
And Finally …
Congratulations to little Mona Orona (now Dominguez) on her new baby girl. Yay!
Dave Recommends:
MUSIC: Comfort of Strangers by Beth Orton
IN THEATERS: Superman Returns
IN THEATERS: The Devil Wears Prada
DVD: Running Scared
DVD: Something New
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home