A Nice Idea
I try to see as many movies in theaters as much as possible, but with the outrageous ticket prices, no one can afford to go more than twice a month – especially those who have families. Chronicle Business writer, David Lazarus, came up with a good idea for both the consumers and the theaters. Why not charge lower ticket prices for bad movies? Depending on how good (or bad) the movie is, that’s how much theaters should charge the public. Folks who tend to shy away from the theaters due to high ticket prices, might be prompted to go see a trashy flick if the price is right. Why not, right? I mean, wouldn’t this force movie studios to make better, quality films for the public. In any given year, more than 75% of movies that come out are trash or recycled garbage, which, I may add, also contributes to the “dumbing of America” – thanks again, Hollywood. Anyway, if the quality of a film actually determines its box office value, then both parties would be better off. Theaters will continue to get revenue from low ticket prices, and the public would have more quality choices. This way I wouldn’t feel bad for paying $8.75 just to see The Shaggy Dog.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home