Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In the Warm California Sun

Summer is alive and kicking in Northern California. You gotta love the 90-degree weather in the middle of the day and the cool evening drops to the mid-60’s. It’s insane!

We don’t have big plans for the summer except for the annual Malabuyo camping trip in the beginning of July. This is probably the most anticipated event of the summer for the whole family. The outdoors, good camping food, spending time with family … can’t beat that! It’s better than Christmas … well, except for the presents.

Of course, there’s the Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Festival – perhaps my favorite festival of the summer. It’s the only time I have the motivation to get up at 4 in the morning. It’s a real treat. I recommend going to this event at least once in your life.

We saw Nacho Libre on Sunday night. What a hoot! I don’t know about you, but I love smart, slapstick comedies. Jack Black is fast becoming one of my favorite actors. The guy is freakin’ hilarious! And speaking of movies, this summer has got some good ones (well, let’s cross our fingers). There’s Superman Returns, which I hope won’t disappoint. Based from the previews I’ve seen, it looks spectacular! Kevin Spacey, as Lex Luthor, should help the movie considerably. Pirates of the Caribbean 2 should be fun as well. Although, I don’t know how I can sit through another Orlando Bloom film – Elizabethtown was dismal.
Other movies I’m looking forward to seeing: The Lady in the Water, Monster House, The Lake House, A Scanner Darkly, Click, The Devil Wears Prada

Last year we started barbequing every Sunday. Depending on how busy we are each week, we might do a couple of get-togethers this summer. So, bring your empty stomachs and your bathing suits. Invites soon to come …

Have a great summer, everyone!

Special greetings go out to:
- A.J. for graduating from UC Davis – Congratulations!
- Chuck for another birthday.

- Nathan's 21st.
- Daniel’s last summer as a single man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home