Tidbits
Balloons Anyone?
No, not those kinds of balloons – I’m talking about HOT AIR BALLOONS.
Yes kids, it’s that time of the year again. Our favorite summer festival is only less than 3 months away. If you’re interested in coming with us and don’t mind getting up before sunrise for a nice 2-hr. drive north, then you should definitely check it out. You’ll find all the information here: http://www.schabc.org/
Most likely, we will go to the Saturday morning launch. Call or email me if you want to carpool with us.
United 93
One of the saddest films I’ve seen in a long time. It makes you want to hug your loved-ones after seeing it. Some people think that it’s too soon to be making movies about September 11th, but the families of those who perished in United 93 gave their full approval in making the film. If the story depicted in the movie is accurate, then I believe that despite the tragedy of that day, there were people both on the planes and on the ground who were true heroes. I even commend the air traffic controllers, the heads of the FAA, and even the military for trying their best. It was just too little, too late. This movie is definitely one of the best I’ve seen all year.
Sea Monkeys: Back with a Vengeance
The Sea Monkeys, Jenny’s soccer team, are back – this time for a short six-week tourney. After last Saturday, they are 2-1. In their last game, they obliterated the opposing team by winning 12-2. It was tough to watch after a while. The girls on the other team started yelling at each other. After the first half, you just start feeling bad for the other team. But heck, that’s sports for you. Anyway, we’re proud of the team – they’re talented, they work hard, and they’re well coached. Go ‘Monkeys’!
Wedding Update
A few weeks ago we thought we found a perfect place to have the wedding ceremony and reception. After much thought, we decided that we should look for some other sites. The community hall in Piedmont is great but we want to be sure that we’re getting our money’s worth. It’s not that we’re cheap - we just want to be smart with our spending.
Added Bit: I asked my dad if he would be interested in singing a song during the reception and he just laughed and laughed and laughed. He will do it – I guarantee you.
Question of the Week
If Barry Bonds breaks Ruth’s record, does anybody still care?
Feeding Frenzy
Go Sharks! Oilers suck!
Dave Recommends:
In Theaters: United 93
In Theaters: Akeelah and the Bee
DVD: The Family Stone
TV: Everyday Italian (Food Network)
Online Clip: Stephen Colbert’s Speech
No, not those kinds of balloons – I’m talking about HOT AIR BALLOONS.
Yes kids, it’s that time of the year again. Our favorite summer festival is only less than 3 months away. If you’re interested in coming with us and don’t mind getting up before sunrise for a nice 2-hr. drive north, then you should definitely check it out. You’ll find all the information here: http://www.schabc.org/
Most likely, we will go to the Saturday morning launch. Call or email me if you want to carpool with us.
United 93
One of the saddest films I’ve seen in a long time. It makes you want to hug your loved-ones after seeing it. Some people think that it’s too soon to be making movies about September 11th, but the families of those who perished in United 93 gave their full approval in making the film. If the story depicted in the movie is accurate, then I believe that despite the tragedy of that day, there were people both on the planes and on the ground who were true heroes. I even commend the air traffic controllers, the heads of the FAA, and even the military for trying their best. It was just too little, too late. This movie is definitely one of the best I’ve seen all year.
Sea Monkeys: Back with a Vengeance
The Sea Monkeys, Jenny’s soccer team, are back – this time for a short six-week tourney. After last Saturday, they are 2-1. In their last game, they obliterated the opposing team by winning 12-2. It was tough to watch after a while. The girls on the other team started yelling at each other. After the first half, you just start feeling bad for the other team. But heck, that’s sports for you. Anyway, we’re proud of the team – they’re talented, they work hard, and they’re well coached. Go ‘Monkeys’!
Wedding Update
A few weeks ago we thought we found a perfect place to have the wedding ceremony and reception. After much thought, we decided that we should look for some other sites. The community hall in Piedmont is great but we want to be sure that we’re getting our money’s worth. It’s not that we’re cheap - we just want to be smart with our spending.
Added Bit: I asked my dad if he would be interested in singing a song during the reception and he just laughed and laughed and laughed. He will do it – I guarantee you.
Question of the Week
If Barry Bonds breaks Ruth’s record, does anybody still care?
Feeding Frenzy
Go Sharks! Oilers suck!
Dave Recommends:
In Theaters: United 93
In Theaters: Akeelah and the Bee
DVD: The Family Stone
TV: Everyday Italian (Food Network)
Online Clip: Stephen Colbert’s Speech
3 Comments:
Everyday Italian? You just watch because of Giada.
I'm busted!
I'm waiting for him to cook an Italian meal. He should be a pro for all the times he watches the show =0)
Post a Comment
<< Home