Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Night of Disappointments

Sharks Choke on Oil
The Edmonton Oilers were dead in the water after Game 2. You would think the Sharks could close the series out with 2 more home games left. But, NOOOOO!!!! For some reason, the Sharks forgot how to play hockey, and last night they were sent home by a team who wasn’t that good in the first place. This has got to be one of the biggest choke-jobs in Bay Area sports history. I can’t believe it – 4 losses in a row! Choke, choke, choke!

Fan Reaction:
Tim's Bitter
Mac's Disappointed

And Your American Idol Is …
… definitely NOT Elliot Yamin. The best singer in the competition was eliminated last night – eliminated by American viewers. It’s funny how Dee and I both simultaneously said, “Noooo!” when they made the announcement. As much as I love Taylor Hicks, I believe that Elliot should have won this competition solely on pure talent. This goes to show you that America loves personality (Taylor Hicks), and beauty (Catherine McPhee). Great voices doesn’t necessarily translate to success in the pop music world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I think I will forever harbor ill will towards the Oilers from this point on.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

I still can't believe it. They were up 2 games to none and had the LEAD during portions of Game3 and Game4. What the heck!!!
This isn't as bad as the Yankees' collapse in 2004 against the Sox, but it's almost as shameful.

At least now the Bay Area can go back to sports normalcy - MEDIOCRITY.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we could beat the Sharks the way the played the Oilers in the last 2 games...booooooohhooooooo!

daniel

5:27 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

Gigi - I think Dee cried too. You're not the only one.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LET'S GO OILERS, LET'S GO!! Sorry guys better luck next time.

Michelle

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GiGi,
That was one of my favorite things about Elliott. He was such a sweet guy and didn't care that all of America saw him cry. He loved his mom, his family and was just a genuine guy. I really think he is the most talented as well. I LOVED HIM! And yes, I did cry when he got the boot, I cried when they showed his history though American Idol. I wish him much success!

Dee

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home