Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Untouchable

There are a few things in the world that are, and should be, untouchable: the Grand Canyon, all endangered species, the pyramids of Egypt, John Lennon, the movie Top Secret, just to name a few.
But last night, American Idol committed sacrilege by using the music of Queen as the theme for the show. I have to admit that I was pretty excited when I found out that Queen’s music will be used for the performances. However, after listening to some of the performers last night, I just felt dirty and used. It’s as if someone urinated on my food before it was eaten. Good golly!
Songs like “We Will Rock You” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” should be untouchable. Leave it be, people! Seriously, Freddy Mercury is probably rolling in his grave right now. It’s bad enough that the band is touring again without Mercury, but to destroy the sanctity of the songs on national TV is absolutely unforgivable.

Note to Ace: A legendary band like Queen will never ever use your own arrangement for any of their original songs even if it’s just a rehearsal. Who do you think you are? Bono?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home