Tidbits
Asparagus Anyone?
Dee and I drove up to Stockton this past Sunday to check out the Asparagus Festival. We were pleasantly surprised by how big the whole festival was. And, we loved the fact that the majority of the booths were all selling food. I didn’t try the deep fried asparagus but Dee came away very impressed – she loves veggies. We only spent an hour at the event, but it was all worth it. Here’s the breakdown:
Drive: 2 Hours (round trip)
Toll: $3
Parking: $5
Entrance Fee: $10 Each
Fried Asparagus: $5 per tray
Fried Zucchini w/ Ranch: $4.50 per tray
BBQ Chicken on a Stick: $6
Driving 2 hours with my fiancé just for deep fried asparagus: Priceless
Added Bit: We saw former 49er Bubba Paris at one of the booths signing autographs. After making millions of dollars, playing in the Superbowl & Pro-Bowl, and playing with Joe Montana & Jerry Rice, he’s now signing autographs at the Stockton Asparagus Festival. Ah, fame - so fleeting.
Thinking Digitally
I admit that I need to do a better job in trying to keep up with the high-tech world. Lisa was kind enough to let us use her digital camera while we were on vacation. Since this is the first time we used a digital camera, we came away very impressed! It’s not only easy to shoot, but the quality is flawless. Plus, downloading and printing the photos were quite easy and cheap. So yeah, I’m convinced – I need my own digital camera. Now, as far as music goes, I think I’m still keeping my CD’s. High-tech can wait on that.
(Reality Show) Celebrity Spotting
As we were taking pictures inside Caesar’s Palace, I noticed a tall, skinny woman walking towards our direction. Lo and behold it was, Peter Brady’s fiancé, Adrianne Curry. I’m not a fan of hers or anything, but it’s always cool to spot a tv personality. Apparently, she was the first season winner of America’s Top Model. To tell you the truth, I didn't find her attractive at all. As a matter of fact, I don't find runway models beautiful or sexy. They're just walking skeletons in my opinion.
Dave Recommends:
In Theaters: V for Vendetta
DVD: Memoirs of a Geisha
CD: The Legend of Johnny Cash
TV: Law & Order on NBC (reruns on TNT)
Dee and I drove up to Stockton this past Sunday to check out the Asparagus Festival. We were pleasantly surprised by how big the whole festival was. And, we loved the fact that the majority of the booths were all selling food. I didn’t try the deep fried asparagus but Dee came away very impressed – she loves veggies. We only spent an hour at the event, but it was all worth it. Here’s the breakdown:
Drive: 2 Hours (round trip)
Toll: $3
Parking: $5
Entrance Fee: $10 Each
Fried Asparagus: $5 per tray
Fried Zucchini w/ Ranch: $4.50 per tray
BBQ Chicken on a Stick: $6
Driving 2 hours with my fiancé just for deep fried asparagus: Priceless
Added Bit: We saw former 49er Bubba Paris at one of the booths signing autographs. After making millions of dollars, playing in the Superbowl & Pro-Bowl, and playing with Joe Montana & Jerry Rice, he’s now signing autographs at the Stockton Asparagus Festival. Ah, fame - so fleeting.
Thinking Digitally
I admit that I need to do a better job in trying to keep up with the high-tech world. Lisa was kind enough to let us use her digital camera while we were on vacation. Since this is the first time we used a digital camera, we came away very impressed! It’s not only easy to shoot, but the quality is flawless. Plus, downloading and printing the photos were quite easy and cheap. So yeah, I’m convinced – I need my own digital camera. Now, as far as music goes, I think I’m still keeping my CD’s. High-tech can wait on that.
(Reality Show) Celebrity Spotting
As we were taking pictures inside Caesar’s Palace, I noticed a tall, skinny woman walking towards our direction. Lo and behold it was, Peter Brady’s fiancé, Adrianne Curry. I’m not a fan of hers or anything, but it’s always cool to spot a tv personality. Apparently, she was the first season winner of America’s Top Model. To tell you the truth, I didn't find her attractive at all. As a matter of fact, I don't find runway models beautiful or sexy. They're just walking skeletons in my opinion.
Dave Recommends:
In Theaters: V for Vendetta
DVD: Memoirs of a Geisha
CD: The Legend of Johnny Cash
TV: Law & Order on NBC (reruns on TNT)
4 Comments:
Haha, that guy (what's his name?) will always be called "Peter Brady." Wow, he scored a model that's 20-something years younger than him.
I saw O.J. Simpson (pre-murder acquittal) once at SFO when I was a kid.
Since you guys are so into those festivals, you should come with Chesney and I to Gilroy's Garlic festival. Now THERE's some good food.
If you're in the market for a digital camera, you can get some cheap second-hand ones on ebay. Just look up the previous model of a current line of cameras and look it up. You'll find that they're half the price of the current brand new model.
Dee & I did check out last year's Garlic Fest. Depending on the weather, we might go again this year. It was way too hot last year. We only spent less that an hour at the event. Plus, we didn't like the fact that we had to wait for a bus to take us to the grounds from the parking lot. I'll let you know if we do decide to go - it'll be fun if we can all go together.
Wow, that's kind of weird because Abby is a serious garlic fan and we are going this year.
hey i am going to the garlic fest too. my roommate lives in gilroy and serves beer at one of the booths!!! so i'll be there too!!!
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home