Monday, April 03, 2006

Tidbits

Sleepless in Seattle
This weekend was spent in lovely Seattle, Washington. Dee, the kids, and I took a late flight on Friday evening and didn’t arrive in Kent until 1:30 am. We were all exhausted.
We got up early on Saturday morning to have breakfast and prepare for Dee’s ex-sister-in-law’s wedding. I must say, Ernie’s family is the best. They are the nicest people you’ll ever meet. Anyway, the wedding started at around 3pm and it was held at this nice waterfall park in downtown Seattle. We were fortunate enough to have decent weather during the ceremony despite the overcast skies and high winds. The event was a success. Afterwards, we went to a nice Italian restaurant for the reception. They served us the works – six course meal, lots of wine, cake, and gelato.
The next morning, we went back to Seattle and had breakfast with everyone at a popular downtown all-organic cafe. Since we were downtown anyway, Dee decided to go ahead and get her nose pierced at this famous Seattle tattoo place. So, before we left for the airport, Dee took the plunge and finally (after 6 years of waiting) got her nose pierced. Good for you, babe. I didn’t like the idea at first, but now that she has it, I actually think it looks great on her.
At 5:55pm, Sunday, our plane took off and headed back to Oakland. After all the nice weather we had in Seattle (any weather without rain is nice), we came home 2 hours later to a downpour. By the time we got to our car, we were soaked. Ah, rain, it’s nice to be back home.

Notables:
Carol & Marc – Congratulations! It was an honor to be invited to your wedding.
Anthony – For a first time ring bearer, you did a fine job.
Jenny & Shelby – The most beautiful flower girls I’ve ever seen.
Dee – Love the nose ring.
Tina – Great pics.
Ernie – You’re the man.

Tattoo
Dee has been suggesting that I should get a tattoo. While I hated the idea of having a permanent mark on my body, the thought of it doesn’t really sound all too bad now. I looked at some arm band designs while we were waiting at the tattoo place and I found some that were really nice. I think I might get one before our wedding next year. I just need to find the right one. I’m not a tough guy so I can’t have those barbed-wire or Aztec designs. I may need to come up with something on my own – something original. Jenny suggested that I should put a picture of Bono’s face on my back. Silly girl!

Exploding Biceps
I saw a documentary on TLC last week about a man whose arms exploded … literally. Gregg Valentino owns the world record for the largest biceps. However, he had help – steroids. This guy took so much steroids that parts of his biceps had to be taken off by doctors after his arms could no longer take the punishment. Watching this on tv made me cringe, and just looking at his arms made me sick. Here are some PHOTOS.


Dave Recommends:
DVD: A History of Violence & Good Night, and Good Luck
CD: Welcome to Jamrock by Damian Marley

TV: The Daily Show on Comedy Central

2 Comments:

Blogger Chesney said...

My sister lives in Seattle (goes to Seattle Pacific University) so maybe you saw her while you were there.

I saw that exploding arms thing on tv too. Well, I didn't see the whole thing, I saw a little bit then it got gross when they showed him trying to perform surgery on himself so I stopped watching. It is sick what people will do to themselves to be the "best".

2:16 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

I find the biceps sexy.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home