Friday, March 10, 2006

Update: Comic Relief

- Out of all the recent polls I've seen, this is perhaps the most important one: Troops Poll.

- I’m just curious – for those who voted for President Bush, do you still think you made the right decision? The things that are going on in the White House are fast becoming borderline ridiculous & almost comical. Consider these recent events:

(Illegal) Wire tapping - Can you hear me now?


Scooter Libby - No, not that kind of leakage, sir.

Suspicious Ports deal - Arabs are our friends ONLY when money is involved.

VP shoots buddy - Years from now our children won't believe that this REALLY happened.

The Hurricane Katrina videos - Proof that "Brownie" wasn't the ONLY ONE to blame.

Iraq on the verge of civil war - Ah, can you feel democracy at work?

Guantanamo Bay treatment of prisoners - Believe it or not, but some of these folks are actually innocent.

Abu Gharib photos resurfacing - We get the point - making pyramids out of naked Iraqi's is frowned upon.

Iran now threatening the U.S. - I thought our president promised that attacking Iraq will make the world a safer place.

Bin Laden still partying free - Most wanted man in the world is still out there and still making threats on video. Maybe it's time to send the VP to Afghanistan.

Large majority of Republicans now opposing the President's policies - Can you blame them?


There you go, folks. Bush supporters, any thoughts? Any regrets? I'm just curious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I voted for W (both times, heh), and I don't think I made the wrong decision. At the time, he is what I believed was the better choice.

I do admit though, the choices from the White House lately have been...dissapointing. Like for instance, the fact that Bush was going veto anything that prevented the Arab-country owned company from controlling some of our ports...that to me doesn't sound like government taking on the will of the people...or even at least considering it.

Anyway, I don't keep up much as much as you with the current politics, so I don't know what you're talking about for most of those points, but they're certainly how a lot of people are viewing the White House nowadays.

And though I don't agree with a lot of the criticism of GW (it can't all be directly his fault...), my feelings about how things are going are going the way of general public opinion.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

I know that I can be too harsh when it comes to our current president. Yes, it's not ALL his fault. But, when you're the guy on TOP, you have to be prepared to take the blame when things are going bad. It seems to me, though, that nobody in the White House has taken ANY responsibility for their actions. It's always somebody else's fault. What's up with that? Where's the accountability?

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The administration has gone from simply bad to pretty scary. Now that David and I have criticized the administration, does that mean we'll get spied on too? How many freedoms are we going to lose?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hi there...um...FBI...

Terrorism bad...Go U.S.A!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home