Tidbits
‘Idol’ Mania
Ok, so I watch American Idol. Is that such a crime? I understand that the show is nothing but a televised karaoke contest, but you have to admit that it is entertaining. The contestants really do grow on you. I never truly had a real favorite from previous seasons – until now. Taylor Hicks is the man, in my opinion. Why? ‘Cause he’s unique and plays a mean harmonica. Plus, he moves like Stevie Wonder for no reason whatsoever.
Soccer Sucker
I never thought I would enjoy watching live soccer. Well, not until our Jenny joined an indoor soccer league. Her team, the Sea Monkeys, are 4 – 1. Not only that, but she’s already scored 2 goals this season thus far. Go Jenny!
Cookie Monster
I just bought 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from Jenny’s friend. I’ve been waiting for these cookies since they stopped selling them last year. These Tagalongs are so addictive. Darn Girl Scouts!
Wedding Update
We found a venue! But, we’re keeping it a secret until the invitations get sent out. And yes, October 27, 2007 should be a DEFINITE date. Circle your calendars!
Same Old, Same Old
That seems to be the Golden State Warriors’ slogan. They will miss the playoffs AGAIN this year. Well, at least they’re consistent. March is usually the time when Warrior fans divert their attention to college basketball in order to escape the anguish of another disappointing season. There’s nothing left to say but, “Go, CAL!”
Final Four Picks: LSU, Kansas, UConn, Villanova
Dialogue of the Week
(Me and Anthony during Jenny’s soccer game)
Me: Look Anth, soccer chicks!
Anthony: Stop it, Dave!
Dave Recommends:
DVD: Murderball
CD: The Breakthrough by Mary J. Blige
TV: The Apprentice on NBC
Ok, so I watch American Idol. Is that such a crime? I understand that the show is nothing but a televised karaoke contest, but you have to admit that it is entertaining. The contestants really do grow on you. I never truly had a real favorite from previous seasons – until now. Taylor Hicks is the man, in my opinion. Why? ‘Cause he’s unique and plays a mean harmonica. Plus, he moves like Stevie Wonder for no reason whatsoever.
Soccer Sucker
I never thought I would enjoy watching live soccer. Well, not until our Jenny joined an indoor soccer league. Her team, the Sea Monkeys, are 4 – 1. Not only that, but she’s already scored 2 goals this season thus far. Go Jenny!
Cookie Monster
I just bought 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from Jenny’s friend. I’ve been waiting for these cookies since they stopped selling them last year. These Tagalongs are so addictive. Darn Girl Scouts!
Wedding Update
We found a venue! But, we’re keeping it a secret until the invitations get sent out. And yes, October 27, 2007 should be a DEFINITE date. Circle your calendars!
Same Old, Same Old
That seems to be the Golden State Warriors’ slogan. They will miss the playoffs AGAIN this year. Well, at least they’re consistent. March is usually the time when Warrior fans divert their attention to college basketball in order to escape the anguish of another disappointing season. There’s nothing left to say but, “Go, CAL!”
Final Four Picks: LSU, Kansas, UConn, Villanova
Dialogue of the Week
(Me and Anthony during Jenny’s soccer game)
Me: Look Anth, soccer chicks!
Anthony: Stop it, Dave!
Dave Recommends:
DVD: Murderball
CD: The Breakthrough by Mary J. Blige
TV: The Apprentice on NBC
4 Comments:
I wanna see Murderball now that you recommended it to me. Also, you're not the only one who enjoys American Idol...awesome show and highly entertaining. I'll be sure to mark your s and Dee's wedding date for this fall and lastly, Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies are awesome!
I hate to admit but I have to agree American Idol is very very entertaining. Go Taylor Hicks! I just love this man's enthusiasm for music.
Tagalongs are very addictive. Glad I just bought one box. Since I'm the only one who eats them, I usually just buy a box and finish it in a day or two. Hahaha! I have no clue why Ali's so addicted to the chewy Chips Ahoy. He's totally missing out.
Update - Kuya Dante and Iaby are having another baby. She's due May and I think they're predicting a brother for Angelo.
Take it easy! Enjoy planning the wedding.
Michelle
Oli - Remember, it's Fall of 2007. Daniel's & Lisa's are this Fall.
Michelle - Nice to see you in the Blog world. Thanks for the updates. Ali needs to try Girl Scout cookies - Tagalongs rule baby!!!
I don't like American Idol simply because I don't think of a person who can perform a killer song constitutes as the "American idol." You know who looks like an American idol to me? Jack FREAKIN' Bauer!
Surpisingly, I find that The Apprentice is a good show. Behind all the drama between the contestants, there are some good business techniques to note while watching that show. I like it!
Post a Comment
<< Home