March Madness: Final Four
See, this is why I don’t bet on sports, or on anything for that matter. Only 1 of my Final Four picks actually made it to Indianapolis (LSU Tigers). This is what I love about March Madness – anybody has a chance to win and advance. Even little George Mason University knocked off the #1 seed, UConn Huskies. Who knew? Or what about Florida? Coming out of nowhere beating and dominating everybody in their region There’s no other sporting event in the world that is as unpredictable as the NCAA Tournament. Well, maybe the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I still remember when the Sharks (#8 seed) beat the Redwings, the division winners, back in 1993.
If I were to rank the best sporting events based on unpredictability, it would look like this:
5) NASCAR
4) PGA Tournaments
3) World Series (recent champions – White Sox, Red Sox, Marlins, Angels, Diamondbacks – all underdogs)
2) Stanley Cup Playoffs
1) NCAA Final Four Tournament
Going back to the Final Four, I predict:
LSU to beat UCLA
Florida to beat George Mason
LSU - National Champions
Yeah, right. What do I know ...
If I were to rank the best sporting events based on unpredictability, it would look like this:
5) NASCAR
4) PGA Tournaments
3) World Series (recent champions – White Sox, Red Sox, Marlins, Angels, Diamondbacks – all underdogs)
2) Stanley Cup Playoffs
1) NCAA Final Four Tournament
Going back to the Final Four, I predict:
LSU to beat UCLA
Florida to beat George Mason
LSU - National Champions
Yeah, right. What do I know ...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home