Cash
I just saw the movie, Walk the Line. Eventhough it wasn't a great movie, I did enjoy the music despite Joaquin Phoenix's horrendous singing. I'm not a fan of country music, but I do enjoy Johnny Cash. I enjoy the lyrics and the stories within the songs. "A Boy Named Sue" and "One Piece at a Time" are examples of that - amusing stories put in to music. Despite his imperfections, I consider the man a musical genius. He may not be the best country singer, but he is the only country singer I enjoy listening to. Plus, he performed a song with U2! How can you go wrong with that?
2 Comments:
I guess you weren't too impressed with Phoenix's performance. :) I do appreaciate Cash's music because he has a sound that is incredibly different from anyone else's, but I in the same boat with you - I don't really enjoy country music, but some Cash songs are really nice to listen to.
Only Phoenix's singing was bad, but I thought he did a pretty good job in general. They should have just used Cash's original audio clips for the musical scenes.
Post a Comment
<< Home