Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Winter Freeze Part II

‘Cross’ Check
Ok, I take back some of what I said about the Winter Olympics. After seeing the snowboardcross competition, I was floored! What a great sport! This is what racing should be. Players should be allowed to shove, elbow, and body check their competitors off the track. It’s like roller derby all over again! Sweet!

Dancing Queens
Despite the lure of the beautiful women in the ice dancing competition, I’m still not convinced this is a sport. However, I found myself watching the finals ‘til 11:30pm last night. I’m such a sucker!

Oh, Canada
The Canadians won the gold in women’s hockey. No big surprise there. After all, hockey is the ONLY sport in Canada.

The War Within
2 U.S. speed skaters are in a feud over personal choices, differences of opinion, and accusations of selfishness. They must be taking notes from members of Congress. Where’s the unity, people?

*Curling
… is still ridiculous (I don’t care what you say, Michelle). The talk show hosts of KNBR this morning were playing the audio clips from the women’s curling competition. It’s funny how the clips sounded like they were taken out of a porn flick … not that I would know what that’s like. Anyway, the audio clips were hilarious!

Post-Game Show
After watching the events on NBC, make sure to flip over to ESPN2 at 11:00pm for a competition that really matters – the Tour of California. Today, the riders are starting at Martinez and ending the day in San Jose. The starting line is just a 10 minute drive from where I work. I could have left for a few minutes to watch the festivities but unfortunately, I can’t leave work. Work sucks!



* As a joke, my co-worker asked me if the women sweepers in Curling were better than the men. “Of course”, I responded. (kidding)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet load of good stuff dave. men's olympic hockey sucked though. didn't see a single sj shark player on the team and they sure sucked major a$$! see later. i'm pickin' up yo car!

2:23 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Hey, the Tour of California came by Santa Barbara and Ventura county this weekend. I wanted to go shoot it, but lo and behold! my final project for school held me down. Booooo!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Oli said...

Dude, curling--THAT's a real sport!

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home