Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tidbits

1 + 1 = 9
Only a handful of T.V. shows bridges the generation gap between parents and children. Recently, Anthony & Shelby have been glued to Season 2 and Season 4 of the Brady Bunch Collection on DVD. I got the DVD’s for Dee since she’s a big ‘Brady’ fan. Little did we know that the kids would also enjoy the episodes. I guess there’s something about the Brady’s that reminds all of us about the simplicity of life in the early 70’s. The Brady’s everyday hassles aren’t comparable to some of the family issues and dangers we deal with in real life nowadays.

Crying Over ‘Shoes’
I found myself getting teary-eyed over some scenes in the movie, In Her Shoes. After watching Cameron Diaz prance around in her panties and boxers for half of the movie, the story suddenly took a sharp turn and became something substantially engrossing and heart-felt. Still, I couldn’t believe I got teary-eyed over this movie – WHAT THE HECK! I’m becoming a woman!

Eurossage
One of our favorite clients dropped off a late Christmas present for me a couple of weeks ago. She gave me the Eurossage – a powerful hand-held electronic massager that produces so much force it will knock your teeth out. It’s not the actual gift that made me happy, although it was very nice. Just to hear that someone we do business with appreciates the work that we do is already a gift in itself. She really made my day.
Visit her website:
www.RelaxtheBack.com

Brokeback Mountain
Dee and I decided to see this movie. Although the performances were exceptional and “gutsy”, it didn’t stir up any emotions out of me as opposed to the thousands who raved about the film. I actually thought that the ending was a bit anti-climactic. This is a very complex film, not because of the story itself, but because of its characters. I must agree with the critics, though – regardless of its subject matter, this is a truly powerful and well-made film. Even though I wouldn’t put this on my list of best films of the year, it’s one of those movies that I won’t forget for a very long time. Would I recommend it? It depends – some of the scenes in the movie were pretty graphic and truly tough to watch. There were times during the film when I actually felt embarrassed for the 2 lead characters. Like I said, it took guts to put together a performance like that.

Winter Freeze
The Winter Olympics haven’t been all that exciting to watch these past few days. As a matter of fact, I think the majority of Americans could care less. Unlike the Summer Olympics, a lot of the events are not only boring to watch, but also confusing to follow. Curling – what the heck is that?! Why is that a sport? Cross-country racing – shooting targets on skis as athletes trek through the wilderness. Again, why is that an Olympic event? Don’t even get me started with Ice Dancing/Skating – in my opinion, any sport were you have to rely on judges to win shouldn’t be considered a sport at all. By the way, while we’re on the subject, am I the only one who’s sick of the whole Michelle Kwan story? She had plenty of chances to win the gold and she blew it – enough already … let’s move on. On a positive note, though, speed skating and hockey are events that I look forward to watching. Aside for those 2, I'll just stick with “American Idol” for my dose of reality TV and cut-throat competition.

Wedding Update
Ok kids, we finally decided on a tentative date for our wedding. Ready? It’s on October 27, 2007. Now, don’t circle your calendars and make any plans yet. We’re still in the middle of the planning stage. It may very well change. This is just a heads up. Even though it’s still more than a year away, we’re pretty excited. As a matter of fact, Dee started to browse through the wedding magazines immediately after we got engaged. Yeah, we’re excited!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cried when i watched "in her shoes" too... but that probably doesn't make you feel any better!!!

i am so excited for your wedding!!! let me know if you need anything... i'm almost an expert at this stuff now!!! :)

Lisa

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cried!! I gotta give credit to Dee. The sensitive side is finally coming out. :) Don't feel bad, my mom said it's a nice movie and she did cry too. Haha! Now I'm really planning on watching it. It's alright Dave! Ali got teary eyed watching Titanic. Shhh.... don't tell him I said that. And you guys were together where again? Oh that's right the military!

I'm glad to hear that you and Dee finally decided on a tentative date. Really excited for you guys. I'm sure she will enjoy planning every single detail of it.

Anyway, this time I posted a message. I just had to comment on you crying and hey CURLING IS A VERY CHALLENGING SPORT! Can you slide down the ice, balance and sweep the floor as hard as you can?? Well can you? You gotta hit those rocks too you know!! (whatever those things are called Just ask the Canadians!

Anyway, please say hi to Dee and the kids for us. We hope to see you guys this summer and hang out for a bit. We owe you big time! We're not sure how we're going to work our school and work schedule into it yet but we'll do our best!

Michelle

7:05 AM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

Stop making fun of me for crying over a chick flick. Yeah, at least it wasn't "Titanic"! Ali ... can't believe that! It must have been that Celine Dion song that did it, huh - "My Heart Will Go On". Indeed.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home