Friday, January 06, 2006

Uncle "Boy"

Growing up in a big family is an inconvenience for some people. But, for me, it has been a true blessing. I just heard some terrible news yesterday that my Uncle “Boy” Nathaniel had a heart attack. He’s in the ICU and the latest prognosis isn’t good. As my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his immediate family, I’m reminded of my childhood. As a kid, you look at these people in your life, aunts and uncles, as superior and invincible human beings. They were there to take care of you, protect you, give you presents, give you hugs, and give you support. As I got older, they got older. And now, some of them are no longer these super men and women that I used to think they were. And that makes me really sad. My Uncle “Boy” has always been the tough guy. Even now, as an adult, I’m still intimidated by him. To hear that he’s now in a coma is truly unbelievable.

Despite these tragic events, we can always count on God’s comfort and shelter. There’s always hope. And if death comes soon, I know that there’s a purpose for that as well.

To the Torres family, may God comfort you during these times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave1974 said...

Hey Bunn!
I know what you mean. The only thing - the most important thing - we can do is just pray for those he left behind.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home