Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Time to Mourn, and a Time to Dance

So, we’re off to San Diego this Saturday to attend my uncle’s funeral. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a long road trip of more than 5 hours. Even though I’m going to a funeral, I’m very much looking forward to seeing relatives whom I’ve haven’t seen for years. It occurred to me this past week that the last time we were all together was 3 years ago at my grandma’s funeral. It’s true what they say, aside from the holidays, families only get together during weddings and funerals. It’s a shame that we’re not that close to some of our relatives, but we just learn to accept it. They may live far away, and sometimes even over seas, but we always feel connected to them – after all, we all share the same bloodline.

After we grieve and celebrate my uncle’s life this coming weekend, we will all go back to our normal lives. Sadly, unless there’s a wedding or another death in the family, we may never be in the same place all together ever again. So, in some ways, you can say that funerals may not be all that bad. Sorry if I sound insensitive. But, there’s truth to that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how was it???

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home