Tidbits
Ok, we moved our ice skating trip to San Francisco to tonight. However, if it’s pouring rain, we’ll cancel it. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.
Christmas Sweater Massacre Update
Dee and I went to the mall last night to find a Christmas sweater. After looking at a couple of really ugly ones, I finally settled for a red turtle neck from the women’s department at Sear’s. It is pretty sad when you think about it. People actually wear this stuff! I guess people lose their taste in fashion when they hit a certain age. Snowmen, Santa, and reindeers don’t belong in clothing.
2006
Last year, on New Year’s Eve, Dee and I invited my brothers, Lisa, and Sandra for dinner and just to hang out and celebrate the New Year. We’re doing it again this year. So, to my cousins, if you guys are not doing anything on the 31st, come on over for dinner, board games, PS2, and movies. Ring in the New Year with us. It’ll be fun. We can probably get Anthony to do the “Thriller” dance for added entertainment.
C.W.F.
I saw this on the news last night. This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard or seen. See it for yourself: C.W.F.
‘Tis the Season
This past Saturday we went to Best Buy to pick up a couple of things. We noticed that there were people camping out in front of the store. For what you might ask? They were there for the new Xbox 360. That is absolutely pathetic! There’s nothing in the world worth camping out for especially for a stupid vide game console that could possibly be obsolete in 3 to 4 years. I had a conversation with one of our clients at work and we talked about this disturbing holiday shopping trend. He said it the best, “Are these people’s lives so empty that they feel the need to fill the void with junk?” The holiday season, in recent years, has become an oozing orgy of materialism and greed. Shopping has become a physical contact sport. “Gift giving” has become less personal and more “gift-certificate” oriented (which I’m also guilty of). There are a lot of things that are wrong in America and how Americans view Christmas. So, I beg all of you, let’s not lose sight of the real meaning of Christmas and let’s continue to teach the younger ones so they may not forget.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
4 Comments:
I don't know, man...it is, afterall, the X-box 360!
Haha, just kidding. People who camp are total losers. Bigger losers than Air Supply singing All Out of Love on the eve of Valentine's Day!
What are you talking about? If I was rich and had money to spend like that, I'd totally get an Xbox 360. Not sure if I'd camp out, but I'd definitely try to get one if I could.
Sides, I do it for movies too like LOTR, and Batman Begins.
And I remember a certain time when a compuer game, Warcraft III came out, me, AJ, Kuya, Lem, Daniel, Lisa, and Chuck all waited at Fry's at midnight to get the game...
hey i was just along for the ride... i DID NOT want to wait in line for the game!!! just wanted to clarify!!!
Lisa
I have no problem in buying video games or consoles. It's the fact that people are so desparate to get them at all costs that bugs me. These things are not a necessity, unlike food, water, and shelter.
I guess I'll just never understand it.
Post a Comment
<< Home