Monday, December 12, 2005

A Busy Saturday

A Date with Cheechoo
Saturday night at the HP Pavilion was a blast! Lisa, you did a great job in organizing the event. I could tell that Daniel was happy. Actually, I think the whole section could tell that Daniel was happy. And the Sharks gave you guys a great present as well – an exciting 4-3 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. Happy Birthday to you guys, indeed.

I’m really not a hockey fan. I would only watch it when it’s time for the playoffs and when there’s absolutely nothing on TV. However, Saturday night’s hockey game was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever been to (Game 5 of the 2002 World Series is still way on top of that list). I now know why some people say that hockey doesn’t translate well on TV. And the biggest difference is that you can’t see the whole rink on TV – which makes it tougher to follow the puck and the get in to the flow of the game. I was very impressed at my first taste of live hockey – now I want more.

Having a big group of people attending the game definitely adds to the fun and intensity of it. My brothers and my cousins are the biggest hockey fans I know. Mac has always been the most LOYAL Sharks fan – a true fan whether they’re good or bad. But Daniel is the most PASSIONATE hockey fan in the bunch (just my opinion). If he had a chance to grab some paint last Saturday, he would have painted his face and chest in teal. Anyway, being at the game with my family was an absolute riot. I’m definitely looking forward to my next Sharks game. And Jenny, thanks for accompanying me.

Trip to Narnia
Earlier that morning, Dee, the kids, and I saw The Chronicles of Narnia. And just like the Lord of the Rings series, I was very impressed with the film. Although Narnia, I thought, is better suited for younger audiences. This movie is a definite must-see in the big screen. So, take my word for it, go see it while it’s in the theaters. The battle scenes at the end of this movie were spectacular. It reminded me a lot Helm’s Deep in Two Towers – but in a more wholesome sort of way.
Grade: A+

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Sharks games were always more fun to me than baseball games, probably because there aren't a lot of hockey fans but those that are come to the games. As opposed to baseball games, where there are a lot of casual fans.

Saturday was something else though. I'll have to remember to have Daniel sit behind me next time I go. Best line he screamed that night:

"Come on Sharks--the Hurricanes can't touch you when you're in the WAterrrrrrrr!!!"

Narnia was indeed a very very well-done translation to the big screen. I loved that book, and now I'm a big fan of the movie too.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

Daniel was losing it, man! I was cracking up the whole time. Good times!

One thing about some of the fans in the arena, though - they looked bored. Even when they showed them on the Jumbotron,they would just wave and smile. They should have put us on the screen, instead!

3:14 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Someone should just post a list of everything quotable that Daniel said that night. That one that Kuya mentioned, though, certainly takes the cake.

Good freakin' times.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you guys for coming to the game...i wouldn't have been that dumb if it wasn't for you guys being there. i had a blast. there's no way i could have had that much fun without you guys around...you guys just make me super dumb when you're around...thanks for the awesome time...i love you guys...

daniel

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home