Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Not Too Early to Think About the Holidays

Dee and I are going to put together a “care package” for our soldiers overseas. We will get some items together and drop them off before Christmas. If you want to contribute to our “Support Our Troops” box, just get them to me between now and December 15th. If you’re interested in contributing yourself, here’s the link:
http://www.heroesmarch.com/fooddrive.htm

It can’t be very pleasant for anyone to spend Christmas on foreign land and away from loved-ones. We believe this small gesture would hopefully lift their spirits and make them feel appreciated in some small way.

Thanks all!

3 Comments:

Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Awesome, guys. I remember the Bozarths (the family I rent a room from) did this last year. Instead of getting presents for each other, they pretty much spent their Christmas money to buy the soldiers gifts instead. I also think the daughters wrote them a letter they could read, and I thought it was very cool that they did all that for our soldiers.

Anyway, I will take a look at the link and see what the soldiers would like and throw it in that package of yours.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

Cool, Lem.
Anything is great.
Spread the word.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good idea.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home