Monday, October 03, 2005

You Call That Football?

Can we just say it? The Niners should just tank this season and make it easier for everybody. Last night’s performance was absolutely pathetic. I bet you a $100 that CAL or USC can even beat the 49ers at this point. They’re a sorry excuse for a football team. I feel bad for all those poor suckers who paid $60 a ticket to go to these games thinking that this could be a “turn-around” season. Well, the Niners are 1-3 and they have the Colts next week. I believe it would be safe to assume that they would get destroyed next week as well. So we’re looking at a 1-4 record before the bye week. Yep, there goes hope down the drain.

As for Tim Rattay, is it just me or does it look like this guy lacks the leadership qualities that quarterbacks should have? Alex Smith played only for a couple of series last night and he looked more like a man in command than the more experienced Rattay. Oh, well. Who cares? They’re all doomed anyway.

On a lighter side, see Mac’s recent 49er post HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oli said...

Dude, USC and maybe even some of the PAC 10 teams of college football could take out some of the worst teams in the NFL such as our beloved 49ers. But I dunno, the NFL is a step up from college ball, but of course, with some of the NFL teams looking how they are, teams like USC could dominate them.

I really miss the glory days of the Niners. I hope someday in our lifetime we'll witness the Niner comeback, winning the super bowl once again.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

You have to be glad that there are glory days to look back on. Before us, there were 49er faithful who were faithful despite the fact that they had never been good...ever.

Thank goodness for Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, etc...

One day, the 49ers will be good again. May be a while though...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home