Friday, October 21, 2005

Now That's Good TV

Bill O’Reilly was Jon Stewart’s guest Tuesday night on The Daily Show. That interview was probably one of the funniest and interesting 5 minutes I’ve seen in a long time. O’Reilly, as some of you may know, is one of my least favorite personalities on TV. However, his arrogance and shameless bravado is what makes him so popular – and it’s what makes me tune in almost every night. It’s also what made the interview so funny and interesting. He’s an angry white *conservative being interviewed and confronted by a slacker-friendly goofball on live TV. What could be better than that?

The Colbert Report came on after Jon Stewart. I saw it for the first time on Tuesday night and I think it’s actually funnier than The Daily Show. Stephen Colbert is an absolute riot! Comedy Central, in my opinion, has now surpassed NBC, CBS, & ABC in the late-night talk show network race. And it breaks my heart to say that because I’ve been a fan of Letterman for years.

Bravo, Comedy Central! Bravo!



*Although he still won't admit it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home