Monday, September 19, 2005

Tidbits

Sing Like There’s No Tomorrow!
Friday night at Val’s was a blast! I forgot how fun karaoke was - thanks Mac for the great idea. Anyway, Daniel, Mac, and Gia were courageous enough to sing solo for the crowd. Big props, fellas! But, the highlight of the night must have been when the guys and I sang an awesome rendition of “Whip It” by Devo. We got the crowd dancing and singing. Earlier on that night, Daniel also “broke it down” to the tune of “Dancing Queen”. Yes folks, Daniel sang “Dancing Queen” – and with absolutely no shame whatsoever. Good times!

The Horror!
Dee and I recently revisited 3 horror flicks on DVD: The Fog, The Birds, and Friday the 13th. The first 2 were pretty impressive given the fact that they were made years ago. Aside from the bad special effects, they were both entertaining. Friday the 13th, however, was just plain bad. There were too many pointless scenes and pointless violence in the movie (not to mention a well-placed pointless sex scene). Plus, the actors were all horrible which included a very young, pre-Footloose Kevin Bacon. Good horror movies, I came to realize, are hard to come by. The Ring was probably the last decent one I’ve seen and even that movie had its faults and holes in the story line. I like watching scary movies so I can get SCARED! So please, can someone out there make a decent SCARY movie?

Another Proof Why Men are Gross:
Boogers – that’s right - boogers! A few morons decided to start a booger shrine in the men’s bathroom stall door at work. What kind of people would flick their discarded disgusting nose loogies on to the stall door? Men, that’s who. And we wonder why we can’t sweep women off their feet? Grow up, guys!

Same Ol’ Niners:
Here’s a new rule: Don’t talk smack about a former teamate unless you can back it up. Yeah, I’m talking to you, Derek Smith. The Eagles bulldozed the Niners yesterday in a 42 – 3 demolition. The effort was there, but the talent wasn’t. Hey, it could be worse. They could be 0 – 2 like the Raiders, Vikings, Chargers, and Packers.


Let’s keep contributing to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort:
www.redcross.org
www.cityteam.org

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for calling me and letting me listen to daniel singing... it made me sad that i wasn't there but at least i got to hear a little bit... glad you guys had fun!!!

Lisa

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel has a CD... you should listen to it. And MAYBE I should put it up my website too!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, i was sad that you weren't there too lisa. i was telling david that, "the guys" should go coz i was the only gal. but then my friend showed up..and then i drank too much..and then i didn't even remember the guys were there.. (and then i was barfing on sat am..and i'm too old for that) but i had so much fun. thanks mac & daniel & davey jones xo!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home