Tidbits
The Hurricane Katrina survivors and the city of New Orleans need your help. Send donations to: www.redcross.org
Continue to pray as well.
I’m so happy to be back at the Chronicle. Even with a pay cut, I have no complaints. Given the state of our country’s economy, I’m grateful just to have a good paying job.
Crash – The DVD came out yesterday. Buy it, rent it, watch it. Emotionally stirring and it will change the way you view the people around you.
Currently Reading: The Secret Man by Bob Woodward
An intriguing and informative look in to the man known as Deep Throat. Has there ever been a bigger scandal in American history than the Nixon’s Watergate investigation? A compelling read so far.
MTV’s VMA – I watched most of the video awards a week ago. Since when did music only consist of hip-hop? Coldplay performed during the event but they looked absolutely out of place. And what’s up with Puff Daddy as a host? He turned the event in to the P.Diddy Show. Have you ever seen anyone be so vain? Yes, we get it. You’re the man! Also, what’s up with all the “bling”? Everyone was wearing so much jewelry that Paris Hilton finally blended in. But the biggest “what the crap!” moment was R. Kelly’s performance of the corny and ridiculous “Trapped in the Closet”. That man needs medical help – mentally. Overall, it was 3 hours of my life wasted. Although, I did enjoy watching Kelly Clarkson get drenched in the end – pointless, but entertaining.
Ok kids, circle your calendars:
Dave & Dee’s Birthday Extravaganza – Saturday, October 29th, Time & Location to be determined. We decided to do a “Fantasy and Sci-Fi” theme this year. So, think of creative costumes for the event. Prizes await the winners. Following the theme would be great, but any costume will do. And yes, COSTUMES ARE REQUIRED this year.
More updates to come …
Continue to pray as well.
I’m so happy to be back at the Chronicle. Even with a pay cut, I have no complaints. Given the state of our country’s economy, I’m grateful just to have a good paying job.
Crash – The DVD came out yesterday. Buy it, rent it, watch it. Emotionally stirring and it will change the way you view the people around you.
Currently Reading: The Secret Man by Bob Woodward
An intriguing and informative look in to the man known as Deep Throat. Has there ever been a bigger scandal in American history than the Nixon’s Watergate investigation? A compelling read so far.
MTV’s VMA – I watched most of the video awards a week ago. Since when did music only consist of hip-hop? Coldplay performed during the event but they looked absolutely out of place. And what’s up with Puff Daddy as a host? He turned the event in to the P.Diddy Show. Have you ever seen anyone be so vain? Yes, we get it. You’re the man! Also, what’s up with all the “bling”? Everyone was wearing so much jewelry that Paris Hilton finally blended in. But the biggest “what the crap!” moment was R. Kelly’s performance of the corny and ridiculous “Trapped in the Closet”. That man needs medical help – mentally. Overall, it was 3 hours of my life wasted. Although, I did enjoy watching Kelly Clarkson get drenched in the end – pointless, but entertaining.
Ok kids, circle your calendars:
Dave & Dee’s Birthday Extravaganza – Saturday, October 29th, Time & Location to be determined. We decided to do a “Fantasy and Sci-Fi” theme this year. So, think of creative costumes for the event. Prizes await the winners. Following the theme would be great, but any costume will do. And yes, COSTUMES ARE REQUIRED this year.
More updates to come …
4 Comments:
I'd like to plug the organization I work for: CityTeam Ministries. If you'd like to donate or volunteer, we're actively involved in relief efforts as well.
Yay, another Dave and Dee costume party! Gotta top last year! I don't think we'll be bringin Caleb this year...he pretends to be a two year old a lot these days and isn't great in places that don't like a lot of screaming...
You know I'm always up for a party, David.
Tim, this is a perfect opportunity to get that Wesley Crusher costume you've always wanted.
I can't find a Wesley Crusher uniform anywhere...that nerdy one that he wore that kinda looks like a real uniform, but just a pathetic imitation of one.
Post a Comment
<< Home