New Updates
Well, I survived my first month at the SF Weekly. It was a tough one. There were days during the past 30 days that I wished I was back at the Chronicle. Like all things in life, I was able to adapt to my new surroundings. So far, I've held on to my sanity and I've come to enjoy the job and the people I work with. By the way, special thanks go out to the local Kinko's for helping me out with some projects.
The Da Vinci Code - For a work of fiction, it's a good read. Dan Brown is a bit nuts, but he does have an interesting perspective on Da Vinci, religious symbolism, and Christianity. How much of it is true? Uh, none of it in my opinion. But, that's why it's fiction.
Currently Reading: "New Rules" by Bill Maher
I'm going to a concert this coming Wednesday - I can't reveal the details yet. I'll write a review about it after the event. Don't laugh, guys.
Dee and I bought the Michael Jackson History DVD (on sale at Best Buy). The Holliday kids are now hooked to "Thriller", "Billy Jean", and "Beat It". I remember growing up in the 80's and idolizing MJ. So, I know how they feel. This proves two things: 1) His music is timeless, and 2) even in the year 2000, he continues reach a whole new generation of music fans. Besides Elvis and The Beatles, has anyone else really mattered in pop music? Well, maybe Richard Marx. (Gag)
Losers of the Month (July):
The residents of London. The terrorists know that bombing subways in the U.S. is probably a lost cause since getting on the NY subway poses a greater threat to them - switch-a-roo baby! So, they end up picking on the English instead. Bunch of cowards!
The Da Vinci Code - For a work of fiction, it's a good read. Dan Brown is a bit nuts, but he does have an interesting perspective on Da Vinci, religious symbolism, and Christianity. How much of it is true? Uh, none of it in my opinion. But, that's why it's fiction.
Currently Reading: "New Rules" by Bill Maher
I'm going to a concert this coming Wednesday - I can't reveal the details yet. I'll write a review about it after the event. Don't laugh, guys.
Dee and I bought the Michael Jackson History DVD (on sale at Best Buy). The Holliday kids are now hooked to "Thriller", "Billy Jean", and "Beat It". I remember growing up in the 80's and idolizing MJ. So, I know how they feel. This proves two things: 1) His music is timeless, and 2) even in the year 2000, he continues reach a whole new generation of music fans. Besides Elvis and The Beatles, has anyone else really mattered in pop music? Well, maybe Richard Marx. (Gag)
Losers of the Month (July):
The residents of London. The terrorists know that bombing subways in the U.S. is probably a lost cause since getting on the NY subway poses a greater threat to them - switch-a-roo baby! So, they end up picking on the English instead. Bunch of cowards!
2 Comments:
i'm glad you survived the first month. =0)
-Burn
Watching Anthony and Jenny do Thriller, especially Anthony, was awesome, classic.
Post a Comment
<< Home