Friday, August 19, 2005

Mo' Music Mo' Thoughts

Avril Lavigne Concert - Yes, yes ... I, along with Dee, Shelby, Anthony, and Daniel went to see Avril & Gavin DeGraw at the Concord Pavilion. (Laught it up, fellas!) I was reluctant to go at first, but I've become fan of Gavin DeGraw since the first time I heard "Chariot". Seeing Avril was just icing on the cake.

Both performers were surprisingly good ... especially Avril. She came out and rocked the house. She was also very pleasant, unlike her MTV image. She was wholesome and charming. I was flabergasted! Talent-wise, she can carry a note, although she sounded like Alanis at certain times. Alanis is talented and all, but her voice is painful to listen to for long periods of time. Anyway, I enjoyed watching her live. Would I buy her CD's now? Uh, still NO.

Gavin Degraw opened the show and he did an amazing job. He's multi-talented, and the man can truly sing with the best of them. He connected with the crowd by using his Southern charm and great melodies ... with no effects, no banners, and a just 3-piece band behind him. Pretty impressive.

More Work - I've been putting in 50 hours per weeks since I started at the SF Weekly. I don't know how long I can keep this up. I feel burnt out. Tired. Not good ... zzzzz.

"New Rules" by Bill Maher - Funny as heck, but brutal. Another good summer read, but not for $25 bucks. I'll let you borrow my copy.

George - I've been listening to conservative talk radio during my morning commutes. These hosts can be entertaining but they also make me want to gag. Especially the way they talk smack about Cindy Sheehan. They call her a "hippie" and a "lunatic". Well, I don't know if she's a hippie, but she's definitely lost it. I wonder why? Oh yeah, SHE JUST LOST A SON. For cyring out loud, all she wants is to spend 15 to 20 minutes with the President. That's all. George, you owe her more than that. You sent her son to die for YOUR war. She's not asking you for much. As a matter of fact, you could have gone to his funeral. As far as these idiots on the radio (mainly Sean Hannity), they have no right to ridicule a grieving parent unless they've lost one of their own too. As a matter of fact, NO ONE should judge Cindy Sheenan unless they've also lost someone in this stupid war.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah...avril did rock my boat! cuter than i thought she would be...thanks dave and dee for taking me...now i'm hooked on avril again.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home