Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Two Weeks Notice

I never intended 2005 to be a year of transition, but it’s really shaping up to be that way. Yesterday afternoon, I told my advertising team that I had officially given my 2 weeks notice. The Chronicle has been great to me during these past 5 years. However, there’s a lot of uncertainty within the company. Plus, I was offered a better position elsewhere. So, as of July 1st, I will no longer be an employee of the San Francisco Chronicle. It really is bittersweet. I’ve met some awesome people in this company and have made life-long friends as well. Leaving this company behind is tough – I know it will be a sad final 2 weeks.

Moving forward, I will be taking an Ad Coordinator position in the SF Weekly. I’m excited with this new venture, but have some anxiety as well. I think that’s just normal. My new boss, who I used to work with in the Chronicle, recruited me for this new position - I just hope I don’t let him down.

More to come …

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! now i gotta get a job.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Awesome--congrats! Must be exciting! If you guys need a web designer...or graphic designer, I would be interested...

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, dude. Good luck.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home