Thursday, May 19, 2005

When Nerds Attack

These photos are hilarious! Once again, Star Wars nerds are flocking the streets in celebration of Lucas's new film.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I will never understand how people can dress up in costumes just to watch a movie. It's all in good fun I guess. However, anybody who does dress up for these premiers are folks that have crossed the line between fans and fanatic dweebs. Except for kids - they're always cute.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

It must be hard to watch the movie with a storm trooper helmet on.

I don't know, I wouldn't do it by myself, but if all of us cousins dressed up I would probably do it. Besides, the cousins are pretty in Star Wars these days, so they're pretty much fanatic dweebs.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Amidala/Princess Leia picture is cool.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea. These people are so creative. I mean, when you walk by them you have to smile and you know you think to yourself, "what a crazy nut". But that's what they are there to do. To make people smile, to have you remember what it was like when you weren't scared to be a kid and do that sort of thing. I love it! I'm only hoping they bring back the ROLLER BOOGIE movie so we can put on skates, wear short silky shorts (scary sight), high white tube socks (like Daniels).. I'm already working on the feathering for my hair =0)

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know, man...not sure if anyone can be a fan until you start naming the name of pistols and rifles as they watch the movie.
i saw it with Danny Hunt and we were both naming the animals they show...now that's a fan...pffft...i'm pretty pathetic
AJ's right...sorry, Lisa

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah...that was me...daniel

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home