Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tidbits

(Sneeze, sneeze)
Allergy season continues.

I’m still desperately trying to get U2 tickets. It’s a good thing they added some November shows. I’ve already contacted a couple of people on Craigslist.com who are *selling their GA floor tickets. What a way to make money, eh? At this point, if I get any deal, within reason, I’d be a happy fan. Oh, the lure of Bono!

I saw Sin City last weekend. My review will be posted at a later date. Not that anybody cares what I thought of the movie anyway. I just love to play critic! By the way, I think Jessica Alba is **over-rated.

To the Public Unrest crew, good luck on Friday. I’m proud of you guys. Not a lot of Christian bands have the guts to play in a secular venue. God speed.

Dave’s Recommendations:

Artist of the Month: Cindy Lauper
Album: The Essential Cindy Lauper
Must-Hear Tracks: Time After Time, All Through the Night, True Colors
Notes: Sadly, Cindy Lauper was not recognized as a credible artist back in the 80’s. She’s the equivalent of what Mandy Moore is today – produced a few hit singles, but trashed by the critics. The only difference is, Cindy’s music is timeless and she actually won a few awards (but no Grammy’s from what I can remember). Only now can we truly appreciate her music as her songs appear in almost every modern teen movie soundtrack. Her music is genius … in some "she bop" new wave sort of way.

Movie of the Month: Swingers
Review: This is a date movie for guys who loathe typical romantic comedies with predictable happy endings. It’s a movie about men, for men – a "dating guide" you might say. It’s also hilarious and very original! Grade: A+

TV Show of the Month: The Office
Runs: Every Tuesday at 9:30pm on NBC
Review: NBC finally got something right. From someone who’s tired of stupid reality shows & unoriginal sitcoms, this is definitely a breath of fresh air. The Office is set in a work place comprised of insensitive bosses and disgruntled workers … much like the real world. In my opinion, this is the funniest new show on TV. I’ve never seen the BBC version of the series (and I do plan to), but if it’s as funny as this one, I’d give it a big thumbs up as well. Grade: A+


*Scalping is more like it.
** Somewhere in the distance I can hear my cousins cursing at me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the American "The Office" but I can vouch for the Bristish version. It's a very "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" type of comedy -- the characters are put in such awkward situations you feel utterly embarrassed for them.

If you make it to U2 on Saturday, let me know. It'd be nice to meet up before (or after) the show.

Mac

12:38 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Don't worry, Davey Boy. I don't hate you for not thinking much of Jessica Alba. She's just got a great body and a cute face, though her acting skills are somewhat lacking.

I want to see U2.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home