The Saddest Music in the World
I’ve seen a lot of sad things and events in my life, but there was one thing I saw a few weeks ago that would rank up there along with the rest.
As I was watching an NBA game on TNT, a commercial came on for Burger King. It only took me a few seconds to recognize the voice behind the tune, or in TV terms, the "jingle". All of a sudden, there he was, in all of his glory – Hootie & the Blowfish’s Darius Rucker – singing "Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch". He was covered from head to toe in a soft purple (pink) cowboy outfit that included a cowboy hat. It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch. Here’s a man, in a once great band, now singing in a cheaply-made commercial endorsing a heart attack in the form of a burger. I think my eyes actually started to water. I wonder what made him do it? Was it the money? Does he really love Burger King? Did he lose a bet? We know that the band has had some tough times, but why Darius? WHY?!!!
As I was watching an NBA game on TNT, a commercial came on for Burger King. It only took me a few seconds to recognize the voice behind the tune, or in TV terms, the "jingle". All of a sudden, there he was, in all of his glory – Hootie & the Blowfish’s Darius Rucker – singing "Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch". He was covered from head to toe in a soft purple (pink) cowboy outfit that included a cowboy hat. It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch. Here’s a man, in a once great band, now singing in a cheaply-made commercial endorsing a heart attack in the form of a burger. I think my eyes actually started to water. I wonder what made him do it? Was it the money? Does he really love Burger King? Did he lose a bet? We know that the band has had some tough times, but why Darius? WHY?!!!
1 Comments:
you know...i didn't think that was really him...what the heck happened. This world is truly coming to an end.
Post a Comment
<< Home