Wanna Go to the Candy Shop?
Yeah
Uh huh
So seductive
I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollipop
Go ahead girl, don't you stop
Keep going til you hit the spot, whoaa
I'll take you to the candy shop (yea)
Boy, wanna taste what I got (uh huh)
I'll have you spending all you got (c'mon)
Keep going til you hit the spot, whoaa
These are just a few verses from 50 Cent’s "Candy Shop" rap song. Apparently, his new album is on the top of the charts. I’m not bothered so much about its content than how it landed on Jenny’s mixed CD. (Jenny is Dee’s 11-year old daughter). I actually found the rest of the lyrics quite amusing. Talk about trash rap, man. Anyway, Jenny told us that she burned this song on her CD before paying attention to the lyrics and realizing how bad the song was – a song she heard from her classmates. Knowing Jenny, we believe her. She’s a great girl and she has always been cautious about what’s tasteful and what’s not. Dee talked to her about the situation and she’s fine as far as deleting the song from her play list. This is a great example of responsible parenting. If more fathers and mothers are involved with their kids’ lives and monitor what they listen and watch, maybe we would have less problems with our youth in this country. These lyrics are totally inappropriate especially for an 11-year old, and it’s a frightening thought that there are more songs out there that are filthier and angrier and so easily accessible. With the advancement of music downloading, parents really need to be more aware about the material content and educating themselves about artists their kids listen to. I don’t blame rap music for the violence and teenage sex problems in America (although, they have some responsibility), but I think that songs like these, although amusing to some of us, have a strong influence to younger kids. I think the music industry and parents need to work hand-in-hand in resolving some of these issues. But, in the end, it all boils down to responsible parenting and teaching kids to make the right choices.
Note: You know why I think he's called 50 Cent? 'Cause that's how much his music is worth - cheap.
Uh huh
So seductive
I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollipop
Go ahead girl, don't you stop
Keep going til you hit the spot, whoaa
I'll take you to the candy shop (yea)
Boy, wanna taste what I got (uh huh)
I'll have you spending all you got (c'mon)
Keep going til you hit the spot, whoaa
These are just a few verses from 50 Cent’s "Candy Shop" rap song. Apparently, his new album is on the top of the charts. I’m not bothered so much about its content than how it landed on Jenny’s mixed CD. (Jenny is Dee’s 11-year old daughter). I actually found the rest of the lyrics quite amusing. Talk about trash rap, man. Anyway, Jenny told us that she burned this song on her CD before paying attention to the lyrics and realizing how bad the song was – a song she heard from her classmates. Knowing Jenny, we believe her. She’s a great girl and she has always been cautious about what’s tasteful and what’s not. Dee talked to her about the situation and she’s fine as far as deleting the song from her play list. This is a great example of responsible parenting. If more fathers and mothers are involved with their kids’ lives and monitor what they listen and watch, maybe we would have less problems with our youth in this country. These lyrics are totally inappropriate especially for an 11-year old, and it’s a frightening thought that there are more songs out there that are filthier and angrier and so easily accessible. With the advancement of music downloading, parents really need to be more aware about the material content and educating themselves about artists their kids listen to. I don’t blame rap music for the violence and teenage sex problems in America (although, they have some responsibility), but I think that songs like these, although amusing to some of us, have a strong influence to younger kids. I think the music industry and parents need to work hand-in-hand in resolving some of these issues. But, in the end, it all boils down to responsible parenting and teaching kids to make the right choices.
Note: You know why I think he's called 50 Cent? 'Cause that's how much his music is worth - cheap.
2 Comments:
Well, at least its descriptive and he's being honest about how it feels...
That's certainly 1 way of looking at it.
Post a Comment
<< Home