Tidbits
I have a runny nose and my eyes are watery. Yup, it’s allergy season. Can you say, "Yahoo, it’s springtime"?
Mimi’s Café opened up in Concord a few blocks from where I work. It’s a well-known restaurant and quite frankly, I think it’s pretty over-rated. Don’t get me wrong, they do have quality food, but for $12 a meal? I think not. They do, however, have excellent service and an attentive staff.
Dee is currently training for her very first marathon. I’m extremely proud of her and I seriously think she’ll be great at it. She’s thinking of doing both the Bay to Breakers, and the Chronicle Marathon. Good luck babe - I’ll be cheering you on every step of the way.
March Madness has started! I have my bracket filled out and ready to go. Here’s my Final Four: Arizona vs. Georgia Tech, and North Carolina vs. Kentucky. National Champion: Arizona Wildcats. Don’t ask me why I picked ‘em. They’re a team that can get on a hot streak and win it all, but they can also blow it in the second round. One of my coworkers played for the Wildcats back in the 70’s – even he’s not picking Arizona. If I was betting on the tournament, I might go with a safe pick like Illinois or UNC.
Dave’s Recommendations:
Artist of the Month: Damien Rice
Album: O
Must-hear tracks: "Blower's Daughter", "Cannonball"
Film of the Month: Hoosiers
Review: Not the best sports movie out there (surpassed by Friday Night Lights), but this is the best basketball movie ever made. A great flick just in time for March Madness. Grade: A
Mimi’s Café opened up in Concord a few blocks from where I work. It’s a well-known restaurant and quite frankly, I think it’s pretty over-rated. Don’t get me wrong, they do have quality food, but for $12 a meal? I think not. They do, however, have excellent service and an attentive staff.
Dee is currently training for her very first marathon. I’m extremely proud of her and I seriously think she’ll be great at it. She’s thinking of doing both the Bay to Breakers, and the Chronicle Marathon. Good luck babe - I’ll be cheering you on every step of the way.
March Madness has started! I have my bracket filled out and ready to go. Here’s my Final Four: Arizona vs. Georgia Tech, and North Carolina vs. Kentucky. National Champion: Arizona Wildcats. Don’t ask me why I picked ‘em. They’re a team that can get on a hot streak and win it all, but they can also blow it in the second round. One of my coworkers played for the Wildcats back in the 70’s – even he’s not picking Arizona. If I was betting on the tournament, I might go with a safe pick like Illinois or UNC.
Dave’s Recommendations:
Artist of the Month: Damien Rice
Album: O
Must-hear tracks: "Blower's Daughter", "Cannonball"
Film of the Month: Hoosiers
Review: Not the best sports movie out there (surpassed by Friday Night Lights), but this is the best basketball movie ever made. A great flick just in time for March Madness. Grade: A
2 Comments:
Aren't both movies about high school sports teams though? Even still, both great movies.
I think you're right, Oli. I meant to change that.
Post a Comment
<< Home