Thursday, March 03, 2005

Accident Update

After talking with Jonathan, the Farmer’s Insurance’s claim adjuster, I found out that I was NOT liable for the damage to the other car’s front bumper (referring to the embarrassing event that occurred on the afternoon of Feb. 27th - see previous post below for details). According to Farmer’s Insurance, the other driver not only had the opportunity to stop, but that my front passenger door was open wide enough for him to notice that it might get hit. The only way for the other driver to get compensation from me now is through small claims court. Hopefully, it won’t get that far. Seriously, if I had a 1996 Honda Accord, which already had noticeable bumper paint damage to being with, why would I bother repairing a new small crack? To be honest, I do feel sorry for the guy. He seemed like a very nice man and I would hate for him to pay $565.30 to get the bumper repaired (yes, he actually called me on Monday to give me the estimate), but it’s out of my hands now. Big thanks to Farmer’s Insurance for getting this claim (or lack thereof) processed right away.

Note to self: Always look both ways before opening car door.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking both ways will help - but not GETTING EXCITED when talking about past vomiting dates may help more.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home