Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas 2004

Christmas day was a joy as always. I woke up at around 5:30am to open presents with the Hollidays. It was a joy to watch the kids open their gifts from Santa, Mom, and me. By the way, thanks Dee, Jenny, Shelby, and Anthony for the wonderful presents. I loved them!

At 11am, we headed over to Hercules to my Auntie Liwanag’s house. We were the very first guests that arrived. Someone told me (Auntie Jasmin) that we were all meeting everybody there at that time but sure enough, everyone came late. Thanks a lot Auntie. The good news though – we had first dibs on the lumpia – hot & fresh from the deep fryer. Yum! In typical Filipino fashion, the whole afternoon was spent eating rice and Oriental food. I must have had 4 servings of Auntie Liwanag’s salmon and ham. Here are some other highlights:
- Uncle Jupiter in his all white outfit. Best dressed for the 2nd year in a row.
- Nathan receiving an ax for Christmas
- Daniel jumping all over Lisa. (See pictures at TimChes.com)
- Daniel playing Santa. Good job in replacement of Uncle Levi.
- Caleb – need I say more – so cute.
- Rachel getting dissed. An annual occurrence.
- Watching Elf while waiting for people to arrive.
- Drinking huge amounts of Safeway soda.
- Eating lots of rice. Mabuhay!
- The "Jup" chant making its Holiday debut.
- Observing people napping during Uncle Nollie’s sermon. Shame on you folks! =O)

As much as I enjoy receiving gifts, the "giving" part of Christmas truly means more to me than anything. If I had more money, I would have loved to give each and every member of the Malabuyo clan something for Christmas. Sorry guys … I came short again this year.

All the gifts I received were great. Thanks everyone! Here's a list of some in case you folks are curious:
Banana Republic shirt from Dee – Love the colors, love the fabric, love you.
Red turtleneck sweater from Dee – Red is the new pink.
U2’s "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" from the Hollidays – I finally have it. Great album.
"America" the book from the Hollidays – Can’t wait to start reading it.
"George Forman grill" from Dee – I’ve always wanted one of these. Every bachelor needs one.
"Casino" plug n’ play game from Ern and Tina – Las Vegas at my fingertips.
Gloves from the Junios – My winter wardrobe is now complete.
Sweater from Aunt Jasmin & Uncle Boyty – They even got my size right. Gracias!
DVD from A.J. (Secret Santa present) – Thanks ‘cuz! This will be a great addition to my movie collection.
Borders gift card from one of my co-workers – More books for me.
Starbucks gift card from one of my co-workers – Just what I need for my morning work hours.
And last, the best gift of all – spending Christmas with friends, loved ones and family – PRICELESS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

haha! Great post--love the "highlights" from our Family get-togethers. I wonder if all Filipino gatherings have so much character. No karaoke this year though.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

You're right ... Malabuyos are a special bunch. Bunch of whats? I dunno. =O)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home