Thursday, October 21, 2004

It's Gotten Personal

The San Francisco Chronicle announced yesterday that they would cut back on expenses due to continuing loses in revenue and the bad economy. Layoffs are coming soon, and 2 weeks ago our healthcare, dental, and vision coverage were slashed by more than 70%. Healthcare costs are so high that even a multi-billion dollar company like Hearst can’t even afford to provide its employees with proper benefits. And what does are President continue to say? That the economy is bouncing back? Jobs are being created? Our schools are well funded? There are no healthcare problems in our country? BULLCRAP! You can tell me all these things but I DON’T SEE IT.

"You can fool some people sometime, but you can’t fool all people all the time."
-Bob Marley

My precious tax dollars have been spent on a war that’s going nowhere. Billions of dollars have been spent on destroying other countries but it’s not being spent to rebuild the lives of hardworking Americans. In a couple of weeks, some people in my company won’t have a job (that includes me by the way). And a majority of these people have families. I don’t blame the Chronicle or the Hearst Corporation. I understand that this is a business. These events are a result of our government’s irresponsibility and neglecting the REAL problems we have in our country. For crying out loud, we can’t even get a darn flu shot. And don’t even get me started with the gas prices. We have REAL issues in our country and all our President thinks about is Iraq, Iraq, and Iraq – which by the way, has nothing to do with the war on terror. To those of you who support Bush, I apologize for my outrage. It’s gotten personal and I’m pissed!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this, Dave. I can't possibly reward Bush with a 2nd term.

Mac

3:15 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Let's all move to Canada for the next 10 years.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

I've been to Canada. It's not that bad.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

If Bush loses this election, then we can all vote for Arnold in 2008!!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Oli said...

I actually gave my persuasive speech for my speech class on why we should amend the US Constitution so that Arnold Schwarzenegger can run for President in 2008.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Oli said...

Also, if I had registered in time, I would have voted for Bush this coming elections. As I heard from one of my friends, "War kicks ass!" And since Bush is so aggressive and militaristic, I'm for Bush all the way. I should join the army to help remove dictators and go into messed up countries, that'd be awesome! Americans have it better then they think, so they should quit their complaining and sac up. Take off your skirt you girlie men of America!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...either that or let's all become pirates. then all of our problems with society will go away. i promise you it will. hey david, go look for another job... maybe a bigger corporation where you won't have to worry about cuts and losses. i mean you still would but not as extensive. yeah?

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home