Thursday, September 30, 2004

TV Commercial Characters

Don’t you get annoyed by TVcommercial spokespeople? I do. Where do they get these characters? Recently, Wendy’s has been running these commercials with a really annoying "unofficial" spokesman. I’m sure you’ve seen these ads – the guy is balding, has dark sunken eyes, and looks like a hermit. Anyway, this guy not only looks annoying, but he also sounds annoying. Thus, makes Wendy’s look like a real loser on TV. I wouldn’t buy a burger recommended by that guy.
Another one that I’ve had enough of is the Verizon Wireless "can you hear me now" guy. It was funny the first few times he was on TV, but he got old really quick. No offense, the guy looks neat and he sounds ok on TV, but we get the point … enough already. It’s time for Verizon to start HEARING ME NOW!
And, don’t even get me started with that "Jack In The Box" guy. Arghhh!!!

On a positive note, there are some ads that work well with their official spokesperson:
T- Moble’s Catherine Zeta-Jones - She looks great and she sounds great. I’d buy a wireless plan from her anytime.
Ronald McDonald – Still effective after all these years.
American Express’ Voiceover "Priceless" man – Without the voice and the concept, it would just be another credit card commercial.
Well’s Fargo’s Voiceover woman – I love that sort of raspy, bedroom voice.
Allstate Insurance’s spokesman – It’s hard to find a regular looking guy and sound that professional on tv nowadays.
Geico’s Gecko – Love that "Kung Fu Fighting" commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home