Friday, September 24, 2004

Men, Restrooms, and Germs

Why is it that men aren’t as conscious as women in regards to cleanliness? Case in point, washing your hands before leaving the restroom. What’s the big rush? Why do men feel it’s an inconvenience to rub soap on our hands and rinse it with warm water. It takes a minute fellas. Too often I see this happen. Man walks in to the restroom. Man does his business. Man zips up and looks in the mirror. Man fixes hair and shirt. Man leaves restroom. Or, there are those that I call, "The Rinsers". These folks are deceivers. It looks like they’re killing the germs but all they are actually doing is giving it a shower. These men only use water and ignores the soap. Water is all well and good, but the soap is there for a reason. Greasy hands or germ-infected hands don’t get clean with just water. It’s not magic. Do we clean our toilets with just water? That’s what I thought.
If you think I’m out of line about this issue, think about this:
1) How many times a week do you shake someone else’s hand?
2) How many restaurants or fast food joints do we go to in a week?
3) How many times a day do we eat with our bare hands?
4) How many times do we touch someone else’s stuff on a daily basis?
… I could go on and on …
Germs are a part of life; I know that. But don’t you think that our world will be a better place if we actually do our part to decrease the amount of germs we unleash on a daily basis? So, grab someone else’s newly washed hand and say, "I will make a difference! I promise to always wash my hands before leaving the restroom". Pass this message on. This has been a public service announcement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Kind of makes you think twice about touching anything when you witness some guy finish his business in a stall and walk out of the restroom without washing his hands. I mean, come on! #1 and no hand washing is nasty enough, but #2???

1:06 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home