Thursday, September 23, 2004

Love Him or Hate Him ...

... at times, he just makes sense.

"... you have the audacity to criticize John Kerry with what you call the "many positions" he has taken on Iraq. By my count, he has taken only one: He believed you. That was his position. You told him and the rest of congress that Saddam had WMDs. So he -- and the vast majority of Americans, even those who didn't vote for you -- believed you. You see, Americans, like John Kerry, want to live in a country where they can believe their president."
- Excerpt from Michael Moore's open letter to President Bush regarding flip-flopping accusations directed towards John Kerry.
Read the rest of the letter. Click Here

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

There's a difference between lying and being wrong.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

I agree that our President didn't lie. But, he didn't tell us the truth either. I also want to add, that if you're placed in a position of leadership, there's nobody to blame but yourself. He was misled by the same people he APPOINTED to give him accurate information. In the end, it all falls on him.

Lastly, I admire Michael Moore to an extent. I believe he takes things too far most of the time. But, sometimes he does put things in perspective just like Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter.

2:18 PM  
Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

Bah! He takes things too far because he enjoys it! He likes getting a rise out of people - no matter which side they're on - just for the sake of getting a rise out of people. He doesn't care so much for accuracate documentary, and that makes me a little ill.

As far as the whole Bush and Iraq issue, I'm led more to believe that Bush was just wrong about the whole thing. He didn't lie, but he wasn't right. Does that make him a bad leader? Not necessarily, but people are furious because they believe they were led one way just so Bush could get his war. That's a dangerous mistake. I'm not a big Bush fan, but I don't hate the guy.

Kerry doesn't impress me. I think I'm going to settle with four more years with Bush.

Ultimately, Saddam is out of Iraq. He, in the grand scheme of things, was a very bad man. I have no sympathy for the guy. Plus he made no effort to get the world leaders to believe he DIDN'T have WMDs, so I guess it was unfortunate for him that Bush rushed a little in deciding to go to war in Iraq. Pros and cons both ways. Pros and cons.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Dave1974 said...

Michael Moore said in an interview that the journalists in our country failed to ask the tough questions before the war started. They all jumped in the band wagon just because our leaders said the Iraqi's were the enemy. Anyway, people like Moore got us talking again about things that matter. Otherwise, we'd be more inclined to talk about whether Brittney Spears really got married or not. Or topics of conversation could range from Jerry Springer and who got cut in "Survivor".

These elections would be so much easier if McCain and Bono(U2)were running for Pres. and VP. They'll get my vote 100%. A true Vietnam vet and a human rights advocate ... they'll smoke both parties.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Schwarzenegger / Devito for 2008!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home