Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Ringing In My Head

I have a song that's stuck in my head. I know everyone has had this experience before. Why is that that certain tunes have a way of just sticking with us until either insanity sets it or we find another annoying tune to replace the pre-existing song that drove us nuts in the first place? Most of the time, almost unknowingly, we just start bobbing our heads or tapping our feet until we realize, "Man, I hate this song!" And minutes later, it starts up again. "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas is one of those songs that has haunted my daily life since Saturday. It goes everywhere I go - the bathroom, in the shower, in my cubicle, on the phone, while driving, while eating, it goes on and on and on. It repeats over and over, "Let's get it started, let's get it started (yeah), let's get it started ..." I don't even know what the rest of the lyrics are. It just goes on and on and on. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!

Apparently, there's a new, REAL terror threat in the New York area. Didn't our president say a few weeks ago that we are now safer than ever before? Safe. Not safe. Safe. Not safe. Which is it? Today, according to Tom Ridge, the intel they received about the threats were 3 to 4 years old. Again, are we really suppossed to be afraid of something? Or someone? Here's a message to our dear leader, "Quit playing games with my heart."

Useless Fact About Me: I'm boycotting all reality TV shows. They are such a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home