Being Roger Ebert
RENTAL
13 Going On 30 (Comedy, pg-13)- I’m not embarrassed to admit it. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I loved it when I saw it in the theaters and I still enjoyed it as a rental on DVD. I know movie-goers were turned off from seeing this film because of Jennifer Garner (Daredevil, Alias), but this is a totally different role for her. She’s great in this film; pretty convincing as a grown-up playing a 13 year-old. The plot and the writing is not going to win any Oscar nominations but it is sweet and simple enough for those who love feel-good movies. And that’s what it is – a great feel-good movie about friendships, dreams, and knowing the importance being young at heart. Plus, the "Thriller" scene is unforgettable. Don’t let your negative opinion of Jennifer Garner stop you from seeing this film … you’ll be missing out. Grade: A
13 Going On 30 (Comedy, pg-13)- I’m not embarrassed to admit it. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I loved it when I saw it in the theaters and I still enjoyed it as a rental on DVD. I know movie-goers were turned off from seeing this film because of Jennifer Garner (Daredevil, Alias), but this is a totally different role for her. She’s great in this film; pretty convincing as a grown-up playing a 13 year-old. The plot and the writing is not going to win any Oscar nominations but it is sweet and simple enough for those who love feel-good movies. And that’s what it is – a great feel-good movie about friendships, dreams, and knowing the importance being young at heart. Plus, the "Thriller" scene is unforgettable. Don’t let your negative opinion of Jennifer Garner stop you from seeing this film … you’ll be missing out. Grade: A
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home