Friday, July 09, 2004

Lance & the C.I.A.

Cycling - I'm not big cycling fan but I do get pumped up every year for the Tour de France. Lance Armstrong is in 6th place after 6 stages. After reading his book, "It's Not About the Bike", I was truly impressed by not only his cycling accomplishments, but by his fight to survive. He won the Tour 5 straight times and he did this after surviving his battle with testicular cancer. We label athletes "heroes" all too often, but, in this case, I believe it's justified. He has given hope to those who have cancer and to those who have survived it. He has raised a lot of money through his organization for cancer research. He has given us something to cheer for in a sport that's dominated by Europeans. Whether you're a cycling fan or not, it's tough not to cheer for the guy.

CIA Mistakes - So, the CIA admitted that they were wrong in regards to those WMD's in Iraq. Hmmm ... makes you think about what the "I" really stands for in CIA. I wonder what the Iraqis are thinking now after hearing this? Bottom line is, George told us that we should fear Iraq because they were going to use WMD's on us. So, instead of actually finding these weapons first, George decided to go on the offensive and attack a defenseless country. Good one George. As far as liberating the people of Iraq, well, with the beheadings and continued violence in the streets, I see no indication that the Americans were ever welcome there. As a matter of fact, we have made more enemies in the Middle East in the past year. Listen folks, the Bush administration that promised to protect us has now put our country at a higher risk of attack than ever before. You want proof? Look at the Threat Level. What's it today? High? High-Risk? Red? Blue? Bush has created a society controlled by fear. My girlfriend is even afraid to get on the BART Train. I say, enough is enough. War has no moral values. Let's try peace and love for a change.

Useless Fact About Me: My favorite morning beverage is a medium white chocolate mocha from Peets. Mention this tidbit to me one of these days and I'll personally buy you one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home